Overview: The National Fitness Foundation is seeking a dynamic, innovative leader to serve as its next Executive Director (ED). Building on its unique positioning between the public and private sectors, the new ED will have an unprecedented opportunity to map the future for the only congressionally chartered nonprofit organization focused on health & fitness. Notably, the new ED will work closely with the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition to support the robust development and implementation of a national strategy to expand and encourage youth sports participation, and to promote the overall physical fitness, health, and nutrition of American youth. Competitive candidates must have a proven track record of nonprofit revenue generation, respected public, private and nonprofit relationships, and experience with program design, implementation and evaluation.
About the Foundation: The National Fitness Foundation leads programs and drives innovations that prepare children for a lifetime of health & fitness. As the official congressionally chartered nonprofit of the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition, the Foundation uses public-private partnerships to increase physical activity participation and improve fitness levels for millions of kids across the country. The Foundation leads the nation’s model for fitness education in schools and has delivered trainings and grants to thousands of schools nationwide. For more information, visit fitness.foundation.
Top Line Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement fundraising plans, which will establish the Foundation as a leading philanthropic organization within the fitness, sports and health sectors
- Oversee the development, administration and coordination of personnel, financial and management activities
- Manage and drive results towards the Foundation’s revenue goals, holding the governing members of the Foundation accountable to meet and/or exceed the goals that you have put forth for them
- Develop annual operating plan that ensures the implementation of stated strategic objectives and programs
- Must be proactive and take initiative to seek strategic partnerships and to develop specific programmatic and revenue goals, supported by an execution plan with quantifiably measured results
- Identify meaningful opportunities to collaborate with the President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition on strategic initiatives, including the recently announced Executive Order aimed at developing a national strategy to expand access to youth sports opportunities nationwide
- Cultivate relationships with new partner and donor organizations, develop funding proposals and execute upon new opportunities to grow the scope and impact of the Foundation
- Constant interaction with prospective donors and fitness, sports and health leaders that will enhance the Foundation’s success.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Foundation within the fitness, sports and health community
- Set and manage annual budget to ensure maximum impact and ROI on invested funds.
- Manage a diverse Board of Directors and cultivate consensus among differing perspectives
- Regular communication with Board of Directors to keep the Board apprised of critical issues, strategic progress and outcomes.
- Administer, provide oversight to, and evaluate all financials, policies, and strategies
- Manage all agreements and partnerships associated with these agreements
- Recruit, hire, assess, develop and direct staff
- Ideal candidate must have a proven track record in creating and sustaining public/private partnerships, and proven fundraising experience and non-profit board management
- Experience in the management and allocation of raised assets for 5+ years
- Will have led a major organization/division, both strategically and operationally in a multichannel for-profit or non-profit environment
- Established relationships in the fields of fitness, sports, youth development, health, or education other related fields
- Experience working with government agencies and demonstrated understanding of political landscapes and federal rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial performance leading and building an organization/division with sustained growth and profitability
- Excellent oral/written and presentation skills; proficiency in preparation and presentation of proposals, analytical reports and documents regarding operational status, achievement and performance
Required Qualitative Skills
- Proven ability to manage matrixed relationships in a manner that keeps all parties well informed, directed and benefiting from actions taken.
- Widely networked and willing to leverage these relationships to connect the organization with resources to fulfill the mission and build sustainable partnerships
- Excellent internal and external communication skills for management and sustaining business relationships.
- Experience as a spokesperson to strategic partner organizations, vendors, media, and/or government officials and at public events
- A track record of keen business and market assessment, and innovating new offerings, distribution channels or new business models to grow revenue and impact
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule and willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Demonstrates a passion for public service and the Foundation’s mission to improve the health and fitness of the United States
- Commensurate with Experience
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via this form or send to email@example.com with “Executive Director – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
This company currently does not have any job postings. Please check again later.