The Klarman Family Foundation seeks to identify areas of unmet need and to advance solutions to addressing them. Their intention as a Foundation is to help make measurable progress in improving the lives of others. Founded in 1990, The Klarman Family Foundation granted approximately $82 million in 2021 to advance its philanthropic interests.
Their work is guided by the following principles and values:
- Approaching their work with a seriousness of purpose and evaluative rigor, and also with an openness to tackle issues in new ways.
- Approaching their work with a sense of urgency and willingness to invest based on the opportunities to make a difference, rather than the limits of an annual grantmaking budget.
- A belief that the preservation of democratic norms lies at the core of all of their work and that a healthy democracy is crucial to all the Foundation seeks to achieve.
- A commitment to acting in partnership with other funders as opportunities to learn and leverage greater impact.
- Applying what they learn to improve their philanthropic practices and outcomes.
The Foundation’s grantmaking spans several areas of interest:
- Ensuring a healthy democracy.
- Expanding access to vital services and enrichment opportunities in Greater Boston and throughout Massachusetts.
- Advancing understanding of the biological basis of health and illness.
- Supporting the global Jewish community and Israel.
These issues are complicated, requiring new and creative thinking and persistence over time. With a commitment to learning and assessing impact, these categories and strategies may evolve, but the dedication to applying best practices in philanthropy will remain unchanged.
This company currently does not have any job postings. Please check again later.