POSITION: Accounting Manager (Full-Time Position)
CLOSING DATE: Position Immediately Available and Closed When Filled
LOCATION: Fort Worth, Texas (Administration)
OVERVIEW: Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas (LANWT) seeks an experienced full-time Accounting Manager to provide support to the Accounting Department in management of financial transactions, allocations and grant reporting.
DESCRIPTION: LANWT is a non-profit public interest law firm that provides high-quality free civil legal services to low-income persons in 114 counties in North and West Texas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As part of the Accounting Department, the Accounting Manager will lead the month-end close process by performing account reconciliations, analyzing revenue and expense transactions, and preparing journal entries including cost allocation to grants. The Accounting Manager will monitor grant spending and prepare grant financial reports. In addition, the Accounting Manager will collaborate with senior management to enhance and better integrate the firm’s various software and systems. Other responsibilities of this position include:
- Creation of monthly grant allocation entries across multiple grants, contracts and other funding sources.
- Financial management of grants, including projections and planning, performance analysis and reporting.
- Quality control over financial transactions for timeliness, accuracy and compliance with GAAP and funding restrictions.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual journal entries including accruals and prepaids.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and 941 filings.
- Monthly reconciliation of payroll, flexible benefit, investment and imprest bank accounts.
- Provide assistance with audit preparation.
- Review and approval of purchase orders and coding of AP invoices.
- Maintenance of all bank account signatories (including branch office trust and imprest accounts).
- Maintenance of accounting software programs including maximizing system functionality, ensuring data integrity and evaluating/implementing technological tools to improve efficiency.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support the Accounting Department in management of all accounting operations and in establishing, documenting and maintaining internal control policies and procedures.
- Represent the Accounting Department in a professional manner and work with other departments to create a collegial environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Master’s of Business Administration preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of general accounting and accounting systems experience required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in fund accounting management preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with grant management as it relates to compliance and reporting of federal, state, local, corporate and foundation grants.
- Demonstrated expertise in and commitment to the specialized field of financial management and accounting at nonprofit organizations.
- Proficient with technology with advanced knowledge of Excel and accounting software (Abila/MIP experience preferred).
- Exceptional problem solving skills and the ability to follow through from the identification of a challenge to its solution.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentational, and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment while maintaining confidentiality, integrity and discretion in the performance of all duties.
- Commitment to success in a team environment focused on continuous improvement for accounting accuracy and efficiency as well as customer service.
- Ability to engage in occasional work-related travel.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits package that includes paid vacation and holidays; retirement plan; health, dental and life insurance.
Please submit a cover letter expressing interest, a resume and three professional references during the application process.
LEGAL AID OF NORTHWEST TEXAS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY