Chaplain AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address:301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Career growth and advancement potential
Health Insurance Coverage
High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides back-up/on-call ministry “as needed”.
- Perform special duties as assigned by campus lead chaplain.
- Provides ministry to patients, families and staff.
- Respond to referrals from physician and nurses and to requests for spiritual care from patients and family members.
- Conduct spiritual assessment of critically ill patients when appropriate.
- Respond to pages by phone within 5 minutes and present in the visit within 20 – 30 minutes.
- Educate the hospital staff on the role and function of the hospital chaplains and volunteers.
- Upon request and when appropriate, provide funerals, baptisms, baby dedications and weddings.
- Follows all of the organization’s policies and guidelines
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Personal commitment to God
- Personal integrity, emotional stability, sound physical health, and an ability to work under stress.
- Ability to effectively relate and consistently provide spiritual care to patients, families and staff of diverse religious, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to earn respect of nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Level 1 PRN Chaplain: (shift pay)
Level 2 PRN Chaplains: (shift pay)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Must be active and endorsed by a local congregation/ordained/ministerial license/commissioned under the authority of a church.
The PRN Chaplain provides the healing ministry of compassionate spiritual care to patients, their families, and staff, being always sensitive to the traditions and beliefs of those being ministered to.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Associated topics: community participating, consultant, coordinator, customer experience, event organizer, liasion, priest, program staff, supportive service, teacher