Position: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Exempt. Full-time.
Reports to: Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness, Inc. Board of Directors
Salary range: $90,000 – $120,000
The mission of the Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness is to prevent and end homelessness in Manatee and Sarasota Counties in Florida.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
LEADERSHIP AND PARTNERSHIPS:
Work in collaboration with a Leadership Board of community stakeholders to prevent and end homelessness in Sarasota and Manatee Counties.
Work with the full Continuum of Care membership, the Leadership Board and others in the community to assure that homelessness is rare, brief, and nonrecurring.
Create and maintain collaborative and working relationships with community partners, consumers, funders, businesses, churches, public officials, social service agencies, and others interested in addressing homelessness.
Communicate and collaborate with the community systems and organizations, including those in the criminal justice system and health care providers, regarding appropriate discharge planning to avoid discharges into homelessness.
Support for the Corporate Board of Directors of the Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness, Inc. in their legal, organizational and fiduciary responsibilities.
Act as the area liaison and provide proactive leadership on behalf of our Continuum of Care with federal, state, and local governmental officials, including U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the State of Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF).
Engage the community and manage the public policy and public relations activities of the Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness, Inc. and act as a spokesperson on issues related to homelessness.
Provide the Continuum of Care, the Leadership Board, the Corporate Board and the community with timely and adequate information to assist them in making informed decisions.
Maintain high standards through adherence to a code of conduct and policies that reflect fairness, transparency, and accountability.
REVENUE DIVERSIFICATION AND SUSTAINABILITY:
Expand revenue sources for the Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness, Inc. to ensure diversification and financial stability.
Lead the development of the annual Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness, Inc. budget for submission to the Corporate Board for review and approval.
Secure federal, state and local funding that supports the core mission and competencies of the Continuum of Care and aligns with any gaps in service capacity.
Work in collaboration with the Continuum of Care Leadership Board, and a Funders Council created from this Board to assure adequate financial resources are available to maximize the effectiveness of the Continuum of Care.
MANAGEMENT AND OVERSIGHT
Responsible for staff management, including all aspects of personnel, including hiring decision, salaries, benefits provided and annual personnel evaluations.
Provide clear objectives for the staff in the performance of their duties and oversight to assure these objectives are being met.
Assist and support the staff of the Suncoast Partnership to End Homelessness, Inc. in accomplishing objectives, including action items, meeting preparation, facilitation, and accountability.
Maintain an effective financial management system, including providing regular reporting to the Corporate Board, the Leadership Board, the Funder’s Council and the Continuum of Care membership.
Maintain an effective grant management system to ensure compliance with grants and contracts.
Compile and maintain necessary documentation for the annual audit and ensure appropriate and timely completion of the audit process.
Oversee maintenance and security of corporate documents and files.
RESEARCH AND EVALUATION:
Utilize data collection and analysis (including the Homeless Management Information System) to identify gaps in services and potential new and innovative strategies to address unmet needs.
Conduct and oversee the annual HUD Point-in-Time Survey providing the results and reports as required.
Oversee other required reporting, including but not limited to, Housing Inventory Chart, Annual Performance Measures and other required filings and provide this information for use by the Leadership Board, the Continuum of Care membership, HUD and the State of Florida as required.
CONTINUUM OF CARE ADMINISTRATION:
- Oversee the planning for the Continuum of Care.
- Oversee the completion of the annual Continuum of Care application and related project applications, as well as applications for the State of Florida homelessness funding.
- Ensure timely programmatic and financial monitoring of sub recipient organizations to ensure grant compliance, use of best practices, achievement of performance benchmarks and effective resource application.
- Operate the Continuum of Care as required by HUD and the State of Florida, including maintaining a Coordinated Entry System, Homeless Management Information System and meeting other Continuum of Care requirements.
- Design and conduct regular Continuum of Care meetings that engage, train, and educate a broad spectrum of community partners in best practices to end homelessness in Sarasota and Manatee counties.
- Supervise the implementation and evaluation of HMIS to meet HUD data quality standards and expand the efficiency of the Continuum of Care’s coordinated entry.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the Board of Directors or its designee.
· Must have a commitment to the mission of effectively preventing and ending homelessness.
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business management, social services or related field (Master’s degree preferred) and/or five years’ experience in a senior management or leadership position.
· Demonstrated capability as a strong community leader to work with multiple sectors in the community, including but not limited to: consumers, funders, businesses, churches, public officials, and social service agencies.
· Demonstrated expertise in organizational management and financial management.
· Demonstrated strong written, presentation, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrated commitment to results as a systems thinker who is action oriented and innovative.
· Demonstrated ability to lead change processes and build positive collaborations for system improvements.
· Experience in the field of philanthropy, not-for-profit management and governance, and community relations.
· Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a wide range of community stakeholders. The individual must be comfortable with diversity and respectful of a wide range of life experiences, perspectives, and beliefs.