Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of EngAGE, Inc. and partnering with the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and the National Director of Development (NDD), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will define, implement, and manage financial and HR infrastructure, with an eye to continuously develop and improve systems that will support substantial growth over the next five plus years.
As a member of the EngAGE senior management team, the CFO will be an active participant in developing and driving the organization’s overall strategy, including planning for the organization’s expansion. The CFO will provide strategic recommendations to the CEO based on financial analysis and forecasting and engage the COO and NDD to align financial management with short- and long-term planning projections.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for board of directors.
- Provide financial support to affiliates.
- Drive business planning, budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow.
- Manage all corporation, contract, legal, and financial documents, including grants/donations and other contributed income.
- Conduct all accounting responsibilities including payroll, accounts payable and receivable, collections, employee and contractor reimbursements, bank deposits, credit card reconciliations, and insurance requirements.
- Hire and retain additional support as needed in the future.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
Human Resources (HR)
- Conduct HR systems/processes required for hiring and terminating employees.
- Administer benefits and worker’s compensation, EDD, legal counsel, and compliance.
- Assess wages, increases, and bonuses.
he Chief Financial Officer at EngAGE will have five to eight years of professional experience, including managing the finance and administration of a high-growth $5-7 million organization (preference given to nonprofit experience). She or he will have experience creating and driving the analytic framework for long-term, high-growth planning, cost management, and managing organizational change in an entrepreneurial organization. Proven ability to work independently and highly detailed-oriented.
The Chief Financial Officer will have the following education, work experience, and professional attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business (MA or MBA will receive preference).
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, accounting, budgeting and financial forecasting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
- Experience should include a working knowledge of fundamental HR systems, audit, legal, compliance, as well as expertise using Quickbooks™ Small Business, and a working knowledge of information technology systems.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems.
- A flexible self-starter with outstanding interpersonal.
- Proven ability to deliver error-free work product with exceptional problem-solving skills; able to negotiate toward balanced outcomes; outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and presentation expertise, especially financial reports.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the organization’s mission and policies.
- Our organization offers a competitive salary based on the candidate's experience, with a competitive benefits package.
- Please submit cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements when applying.
- All candidates are strongly encouraged to develop a cover letter which provides a summary of qualifications, experiences and past successes in top-tiered financial management of a nonprofit organization, and how these qualifications fully intersect with the needs for this position.
- Due to the anticipated volume of applications only principal, qualified candidates will receive a response. We ask that no phone calls be placed to the organization.
- Our organization is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates.
- Job Type: Full-time
ABOUT ENGAGE, INC.
EngAGE creates community and changes lives by transforming affordable senior and multigenerational housing communities into vibrant centers of learning, wellness, and creativity.
By delivering life-enhancing, tailored programming in well-being, the arts, lifelong learning and intergenerational opportunities, seniors and others are enabled to use their acquired skills in real-world ways to gain enrichment and mastery. Through our programs, participants experience the empowerment of intellectual and creative engagement, and improve their health at the same time. We have chosen housing as our platform to deliver programs that fully engage residents and provide them with dynamic intellectual and creative challenges as well as a healthy sense of self-fulfillment, value, and community, all at no cost to the participants.
The EngAGE mission is to empower people – intellectually, creatively, and emotionally – to do what they do best for the rest of their lives. Where others see a problem, we see potential. Where loss, decline, or deficit are perceived, we see opportunity and capacity.