PragerU is the world's leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media. Taking full advantage of today's technology and social media, we educate millions of Americans and young people about the values that make America great. We’re proud to be voted “Best Place to Work in Los Angeles” by LA Business Journal.
We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you’re searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better. To learn more about PragerU, visit http://prageru.com.
About the Chief of Staff Opening:
We are looking for an experienced executive who has served in Chief of Staff and/or Chief Operating Officer capacities to help optimize our organization's ongoing operations, procedures and metrics. The ideal candidate has no ego and can roll up their sleeves in a growing organization where no job is too small or too large, and work closely with the CEO (who this role reports to) on day-to-day operations. We need someone who is strong in anticipating issues, and averting problems before they arise and is able to ‘direct traffic’ inside the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review the CEO and team/production calendar daily/weekly, and anticipate/optimize for work operations taking into account CEO & team needs, availability, and highest priority projects
- Work with program teams on ensuring we are optimizing for the best metrics on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
- Be attuned to the unique nature of a fundraising organization, and work closely with fundraising team in relation to the Office of CEO to push efficiency in all key touchpoints in regards to how we work – donor meetings in person, events, meeting travel, etc.
- Learn and engage as needed with our most valuable donor base and cultivate relationships with and without CEO
- Draft/proofread the most important internal/external communications for accuracy and impact, and take part in creation of our annual/bi-annual reports
- Structure and organize our quarterly board meetings including onsite coordination and BOD member attendance and communication
- Work with content production/marketing team to increase operational efficiency wherever needed
- Foster process for strategic planning as needed, and ensure alignment between fundraising and programs
- 7+ years of management experience, including working with companies of 100+ staff and $50M+ revenues
- Impeccable writing/communication skills, organizational skills, project management skills
- Zero ego, and highly professional judgment – know when to pull CEO in for guidance and when to make quick decisions and move things forward
- Hunger/driven to succeed – this role works closely with the CEO and thus requires an individual who has the same level of hunger to succeed, passion for the cause/company and will put in the time/effort as needed for a ‘Company First’ mentality
- Strong passion for our vision/mission, strong Conservative, pro-American values and knowledge of our digital footprint
- Passion for PragerU’s mission
How to Apply: Read our bi-annual report here. Please submit a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to specifically work at PragerU.
What We Do: We promote American values through the creative use of educational videos that reach millions of people online. Serving all ages, our content offers a free alternative to the dominant left-wing ideology in culture, media, and education. Whether you’re searching for a deeper understanding, a new perspective, or a way to get involved, PragerU helps people think and live better. To learn more about PragerU, visit http://prageru.com.