People Incorporated is the largest provider of community mental health services in Minnesota and we are a vibrant and growing agency! We are searching for a Chief Operating Officer who will be an inspiring and effective leader to our strategic business units and who will develop innovative programs as needs emerge.
In 2017, we served nearly 14,000 in 40 locations and we have grown from a $33mm budget to a $52mm budget in the last five years. Helping people with mental illness requires great flexibility and creativity. That's why we start with the person first…developing innovative, effective services that provide the care, resources, and connections that will help each person in the best way possible. Join us in our mission to support mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care!
The COO will partner with the executive leadership team to ensure effective program planning, organizing, operations and staff development. Responsibilities will include the following:
Strategic Planning and Leadership Responsibilities
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership of People Incorporated's services by being actively involved
- Lead a high performing team of Vice Presidents to the next level through engagement and leadership development strategies
- Partner with the CEO to represent People Incorporated with external constituency groups, including community, public, and private organizations
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic planning initiatives
- Effectively administer our commitment to integrated services throughout operations
- Assist the CEO in planning, organizing, and implementing advancement initiatives
Resource Stewardship Responsibilities
- Ensure all programs and services operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of People Incorporated, and in line with strategic direction of the organization
- Ensure that People Incorporated's services are in compliance with all federal, state, payer regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements
- Manage relevant quality measurements of client engagement, efficacy and reporting
- Promote regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program operations
- Lead and implement a continuous quality improvement process throughout service areas
- Manage operational process improvement projects
- Steward services through active involvement
- Develop, implement and manage the annual budget in conjunction with the CFO and CEO
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget to the CEO and CFO for review and approval as well as managing effectively within this budget
- Report accurately on performance goals and corrective action plans
- Ensure the continued financial viability of People Incorporated's program/service units through sound fiscal management
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Behavioral Science or a related field
- Ten years of professional experience
- Five years of senior leadership experience supervising staff in excess of 500 and an operating budget of more than $50mm
- Passionate about People Incorporated's mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values to stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience measuring and evaluating program performance
- Ability to travel 25% to program sites
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Behavioral Science or a related field
- Work experience in a nonprofit
- Experience working in the behavioral health care field
People Incorporated offers a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, and paid time off. Beginning November 1, 2018 People Incorporated grounds will be tobacco free to promote health and wellness for the individuals we serve and for our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veteran or other status unrelated to job requirements.