Clinic hours are M-F 8a-4:30pm
Under the direction of a health care provider, Clinical Nurse RN, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of our patients.
Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what’s right for the people we serve.
- Benefits Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you re in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment We re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement Be an essential part of our core purpose to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
- May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Apply Nursing Process (assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation within licensure guidelines).
- Telephone triage by providing and documenting advice for home care of illness/conditions; conducting follow-up phone calls regarding patient s health and progress as necessary.
- Administer vaccines and ordered medications by oral, IM,SQ or ID routes.
- Place urinary catheters and IV per protocol and license.
- Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
- Understand impatient and outpatient specialty procedures. Responsible for compliance with precertification requirements.
- Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient s electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
- Supervision of delegated duties to LPN and CMA on approved clinical protocols
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nurses.
Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa/Illinois for Registered Nurse.
High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
No previous clinical experience required beyond education requirements
Previous clinical experience preferred
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work as a team member.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
Strong computer skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Associated topics: advanced, advanced practice registered nurse, assistant cna, certified nursing, cnm, midwife, neighborcare, nurse practitioner, nurse specialist, rnp