Job Description

Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physician as its Clinical Director for the Adult Medicine & Specialty Department. Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Clinical Director, in collaboration with the Nurse Manager, Practice Administrator, and Ryan White Program Manager will provide general oversight and leadership of the department. The incumbent will support the continuous improvement of clinical operations, provider workflow, patient satisfaction and financial performance. The Clinical Director will deliver clinical care 80% of the time with the remainder 20% of the time performing administrative duties including leadership for the department.

The successful candidate will be a graduate of an accredited medical school, and will have:

  • Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine

  • The willingness and ability to deliver high quality patient care in an efficient manner

  • Familiarity and comfort level with providing quality care to underserved populations with complex needs

  • Relevant business experience, especially working in a large health center setting and/or private practice serving as either a Director or Associate Director

  • Experience with recruitment, on-boarding, retention and discipline of clinical providers, staff

  • Familiarity with compliance issues as it relates to specific area of clinical expertise

  • Experience supervising advanced practitioners (APRNs, PAs)

  • Demonstrated ability in developing and participating in department strategic goals and direction

  • Experience with nurturing a culture of continuous improvement, team work and collaboration

  • A quality focus, including an understanding of ongoing professional practice evaluation

  • Superior communication skills and the ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships with clinical and administrative staff, patients, and external partners and stakeholders
  • An aptitude for collecting, analyzing and presenting data and comfort making defensible, evidence-based decisions
  • Experience making value-added contributions to enterprise-level projects
  • Skill with electronic health record system
  • Skill in exercising initiative, judgment and discretion to help achieve organization objectives
  • A resourceful, problem-solving attitude; willing to be accountable
  • Alignment with the organizational mission and demonstration of Core Values and Permission to Play Values

Company Description

CHS serves a patient-base of almost 17,000 individuals and accommodates over 90,000 patient visits each year. As a federally qualified health center (FQHC), CHS is committed to caring for each person who enters our doors, regardless of their income or ability to pay for services and whether or not they have insurance. While the majority of those CHS serves live in our primary service area of Hartford’s North End community, CHS is the medical home of residents throughout the Greater Hartford area.

CHS is not a clinic. We are a community health center where you can bring your entire family, and receive the Community Health Services, Inc. (CHS) is a private nonprofit 501(c)(3) federally qualified health center (FQHC) located in Hartford a vibrant North End community. The largest community health center in Hartford, CHS is also the second oldest health center in the state of Connecticut. Since its establishment in 1970, CHS has grown from its humble beginnings in the office of Dr. Evans Daniels Jr., to the current three story state of the art medical facility at 500 Albany Avenue.

We offer the same close, personal care and medical expertise you would expect from a private practice or hospital. CHS is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations. While the Joint Commission sets the standards for the care in hospitals, accreditation is not required for community health centers. CHS undertook this effort as part of our commitment to excellence in our clinical practices, and providing every patient the quality of care they deserve.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative support, assist, associate, document, front desk, operation, operations director, staff

Share this job listingShare on LinkedInTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someonePrint this page