Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Clinical Informatics Specialist to our St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare in Anaheim, CA.
We are seeking a Clinical Informatics Specialist to serve as a professional role model in promoting the understanding, integration, and application of information technology in healthcare settings. The CIS acts as a liaison between clinical care and information technology, supporting all care givers throughout the care continuum in the implementation, learning, use, adoption and optimization of clinical technologies.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate competencies in line with the core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by caregivers in order to achieve the Mission of the PSJH System.
- Ensure that workflow and training knowledge delivered is consistent with and accurately reflects current national informatics and adult learning standards.
- Communicate technology changes, upgrades, and downtimes to clinical customers.
- Conduct workflow analysis to improve efficient, reliable use of the clinical information systems.
- Develop and maintain established standard of work and system design.
- Respond and assists customers immediately upon request and follows up on previous interactions to ensure issue resolution, escalation or issue closure with as appropriate considering the dynamic nature of information systems and system priorities.
- Effectively communicate to clinical customers and is perceived as approachable and reliable.
- Demonstrate effective interactions and positive interpersonal skills in dealing with others in order to maximize productivity and positive employee relations.
- Actively and efficiently engage with key leaders, teams and subject matter experts to collaborate on and influence the design and development of projects, curriculum and workflows, and the integration of technology into patient care processes.
- Promote highest attainable quality in the full life cycle of Clinical Information Systems.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current evidence, projects, meetings and workshops.
- Frequent travel among regional facilities (up to 50%) and occasional travel among PSJH entities (10%-40%).
- Employee may be required to work on-call, after hours and variable shifts and weekends to meet client needs.
- Reliable transportation throughout the region.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Two years in a position that has the same or similar primary duties working with a clinical information system within a healthcare setting.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations; live, via online or virtual mediums.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the trends and changes taking place in health care.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload to ensure that timeframes are met and the work is successfully completed within deadlines.
- Working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g., MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet, Email).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Active license or certification to practice as a clinician, as applicable. (MD, RN, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Dietitian, Clinical Social Worker, Respiratory Therapist, etc.)
- Informatics certifications or credentialing and may be equivalent for up to 2 years experience for this position at the hiring manager s discretion.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California’s most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization’s mission, vision and values.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Associated topics: case management, liaison, manage, office manager, plan, project, program development, project development, project management, resource development