The Oberkotter Foundation – Hearing First seeks an experienced communications professional to join its team as a Communications Associate. This individual is responsible for supporting the organization in its marketing and communications efforts across an array of digital channels, and will write informative and engaging content for a variety of audiences.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in content development and strategic communications, and would feel a strong commitment to Oberkotter Foundation and Hearing First’s mission and work. The Foundation was created by Paul and Louise Oberkotter in 1985 with the focus of funding causes related to deafness. Its current mission is helping families ensure their children who are deaf or hard of hearing have opportunities to reach their full potential through listening and spoken language. The Oberkotter Family’s legacy permeates the lives of families across the country through leadership, grant making, and Hearing First®, its growing educational endeavor reaching expectant parents, families of children with hearing loss, and the professionals who serve them nationwide.
The Communications Associate must be a highly organized and detail-oriented team player with a proficiency in developing and carrying out communications and marketing initiatives across all digital channels. This individual should be well-versed in using website content management systems and digital marketing and analytics tools.
Oberkotter Foundation employees work remotely from communities across the United States, and gather in person quarterly or more frequently, conditions permitting. The position requires a standard Monday – Friday schedule with flexibility for in-town meetings and travel.
The Communications Associate has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support communications and marketing initiatives with the development, execution, and tracking of project plans
- Collaborate with the team on creative concepts and strategic direction for the organization’s content and campaigns
- Develop copy for blog articles, emails, social media posts, presentations, and text messages using a consistent voice across the organization’s platforms
- Work with graphic design and video production teams to develop images and video for a variety of communications and marketing initiatives
- Assist in the production and delivery of email marketing campaigns
- Use SEO best practices to optimize visibility of the organization’s content
- Maintain organized, accessible records of all assets, copy, key messages and content
- Assist in maintaining organizational style guides, and in ongoing data collection and reporting for organizational activities
- Provide logistical and on-site production support for photo and video shoots
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will bring the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience as a copywriter, marketing coordinator, marketing manager, digital marketing manager or account manager
- Portfolio of published articles and/or produced content pieces
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Hands-on experience with web Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress) and Digital Marketing Tools (e.g. Hubspot, Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign, Social Media Monitoring Tools, etc.)
- Ability to write creative copy both for large pieces of content (e.g. white papers) and smaller texts (e.g. social media posts)
- Proficiency in developing and carrying out content strategies across all digital channels
- Understanding of, and experience demonstrating, best practices in social media, email, and digital communications
- Experience using a variety of social networking and modern digital technologies, including having a positive digital footprint and presence on social media
- Self-discipline, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and motivation to prioritize and independently implement tasks
- Experience collaborating with cross functional teams including subject matter experts, designers, web developers, and external consultants and partners to reach deadline-driven goals and objectives
- Self-management skills and propensity for using necessary tools to perform as an integral member of a virtual team (e.g. Wrike, Dropbox for Business, Google, Microsoft Teams and 365)
- Lifelong learner who stays up-to-date on current best practices and trends, follows industry blogs and thought leaders to gain insights and ideas
- Strong attention to detail
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Subject line should read “[Your First and Last Name] Communications Associate Position.”
Application Deadline: January 15, 2023
Oberkotter Foundation – Hearing First is an equal opportunity employer.