POSITION TITLE:Manager, Community Engagement
REPORTS TO:Director of Development, ADL Washington DC Region
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
GRADE/CLASS: Grade F, Exempt, PSA-eligible position, Part-time (15-20 hours/week)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
ADL (Anti-Defamation League) is the leading anti-hate organization in the world. Founded in 1913 in response to an escalating climate of antisemitism and bigotry, its essential mission hasn t changed in more than 100 years: to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all. Today, ADL continues to fight all forms of hate with the same vigor and passion. ADL is the first call when acts of antisemitism occur. A global leader in exposing extremism, delivering anti-bias education, and fighting hate online, ADL s ultimate goal is a world in which no group or individual suffers from bias, discrimination or hate.
ADL s CEO and National Director, Jonathan Greenblatt an accomplished leader and entrepreneur in the corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors was recruited to the organization in July 2015. He has injected new energy and brought a bold vision to the agency. Under Jonathan s leadership, ADL is transforming itself, upgrading its capabilities, leveraging innovation, building partnerships, and pioneering new horizons.
Serve as the region s on-the-ground representative and primary point of contact with volunteer and community leaders in the Baltimore metro area and the state of Maryland more broadly. Engage current supporters and cultivate new relationships to increase awareness of ADL s work in the assigned geographic area and identify development, programmatic and partnership/coalition–building opportunities.
- Partner with regional development staff to grow the region s fundraising base in the Baltimore metro area, including stewarding relationships with current supporters, identifying prospective donors and developing opportunities to engage both groups in ADL s work.
- Identify, strategize, cultivate, and sustain partnerships with key groups and organizations, and community leaders, directly correlated to the region s work in the Baltimore metro area.
- Manage any leadership or volunteer groups in the Baltimore metro area, including the development and implementation of annual goals set with the regional office, solicitation of financial support from group members, and recruitment of new members.
- Oversee the implementation of at least two ADL community engagement programs per year, at least one of which will be a fundraiser conducted in partnership with the region s Development team.
- Identify and promote opportunities for joint programming with current or prospective community-based partners.
- Track relevant issues in the Baltimore metro area, state of Maryland and in local communities, provide regular updates to regional staff, and identify opportunities for the region to strategically engage.
- Identify opportunities to communicate and promote ADL s work to ADL supporters and stakeholders in the Baltimore metro area and Maryland.
- As needed, support implementation of ADL anti-bias and other training programs conducted by regional programmatic staff.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate ADL s mission, programs, and engagement opportunities with various stakeholders essential.
- Highly organized and detail- and goal-oriented required.
- Problem-solving, thoughtful decision-making, and the ability to take initiative, be assertive and prioritize is needed for success.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfort in working with colleagues remotely across the countryessential.
- Technical competence required. Working familiarity and comfort in database systems, reporting, and analysis essential. Reasonable level of experience using Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and comfort learning new technology.
- 3-5 years experience inbusiness development, fundraising and/or relationship cultivation needed.
- Experience convening groups, setting goals, and keeping groups on-task required.
- Previous work in a non-profit environmenta plus (not required).
- Knowledge of the Baltimore metro area s non-profit, faith-based, foundation, and/or corporate communities a plus (not required).
- Bachelor s degreeorequivalentwork experiencerequired.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with experience.
ADL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, re
Associated topics: business development, case management, development, liaison, manage, office manager, plan, program management, project development, project management