Position Title Community Engagement & Outreach Coordinator
Department Division Of Clinical and Administrative Sciences
Xavier University of Louisiana, Division Of Clinical and Administrative Sciences, College of Pharmacy seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Community Engagement Coordinator. The Community Engagement Coordinator will have primary responsibility for serving as the community liaison for the RCMI Cancer Center, relative to new and ongoing outreach activities for research and community projects. Xavier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Master s degree (MPH or MHA) or higher or equivalent experience in community or organizational engagement preferred.
Special Requirements Summary
Must be flexible in work schedule.
Knowledge, Education, Experience, and Proficiencies
- Experience working with community groups and health care providers highly desired
- Clear, personally sensitive and culturally competent with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the capacity to coordinate health education and promotion program activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills coupled with knowledge of effective community engagement and outreach.
- Proficient user of personal computer, Microsoft software applications (e.g. Word, EXCEL and PowerPoint, etc.) Google suite required.
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES ) preferred not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Description
- Serves as the community liaison for the RCMI Cancer Center related to new and ongoing outreach activities for research and community projects.
- Coordinates, writes and submits in a timely manner any progress reports required as well as the renewal application for the endowment funding.
- Facilitate the meetings of the community advisory boards operated under the auspices of the Center.
- Provide administrative and operational support to the activities of the RCMI Community Engagement Core (CEC).
- Work collaboratively with representatives from government agencies, community organizations, and businesses in mitigating cancer and health disparities and improving health outcomes in Louisiana.
- Interact directly with community members and community leaders.
- Develop impactful and creative ways to reach our target audience.
- Facilitate planning meetings with internal and external partners as needed.
- Maintain complete and organized records of all meetings and events.
- Maintain accessible and complete records regarding resources, key contacts, evaluation data, number of individuals reached, etc.
- Assist in the collection and management of data for evaluation of community engagement activities.
- Leads and coordinate aspects of various educational outreach events in the communities we serve.
- Serve as the liaison between RCMI and the Community in establishing and maintaining trusted bi-directional relationship with community.
- Coordinate other community engaged projects, as assigned.
- Willingness to travel to meetings outside the greater New Orleans area.
Posting Number S041P
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date 03/02/2020
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Date 02/05/2020
Application Review Date
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Attach a letter of application, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information; the letter of application should be addressed to Dr. Daniel Sarpong.
Quicklink for Posting
Founded in 1925 by Saint Katharine Drexel and the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament, Xavier is Catholic and historically Black. Located in New Orleans, the ultimate purpose of the University is to contribute to the promotion of a more just and humane society by preparing its students to assume roles of leadership and service in a global society. This preparation takes place in a diverse learning and teaching environment that incorporates all relevant educational means, including research and community service.