About the Organization:
Faith and Action for Strength Together (FAST) is a multi-faith coalition of 38 congregations fighting for racial and economic justice in Pinellas County, FL.
Since our founding in 2005, FAST has won expanded access to healthcare, dental care, and pre-kindergarten, allocation of $19.2 million for affordable housing, and criminal justice system reforms to stop the growing criminalization of children and provide substance abuse treatment instead of incarceration.
FAST is part of the DART network, one of the largest faith-based community organizing networks in the country.
We're hiring a full-time community organizer who will train people of faith to hold political and economic systems accountable for acting fairly. This includes coaching clergy and lay leaders to uncover community problems, research solutions, and organize direct actions to call for change.
During your first five months, you will receive intensive on-the-job training through the DART Organizers Institute. You will learn basic organizing principles and develop key organizing skills including: finding and developing leaders, issue research and strategy, power analysis, and one-to-one meetings. Ongoing professional development will continue through individualized coaching and mentoring, as well as local, regional, and national staff trainings and retreats.
Many opportunities for advancement within the network.
Learn more about FAST's work at http://fast-pinellas.org/
- Train grassroots leaders in building strong teams
- Help leaders conduct research and develop action plans for winning campaigns
- Recruit new leaders and congregations into the organization
- Organize annual fundraising drive
- Conduct an average of 10 one-to-one meetings with clergy and lay leaders per week
- Core passion for justice and equality
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Exceptional work ethic
- Willingness to be trained to work with religious institutions
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a car
FAST is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse work environment. People of color, people with disabilities, people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities are encouraged to apply.