With a rich tradition spanning almost 50 years, Merakey is at the forefront of providing care and services to people with special needs. Today Merakey, through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of community-based, non-profit education and human services. More than 10,000 employees provide care to almost 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, and Michigan. Merakey has developed a unique continuum of care providing services in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases, education, foster care and permanency, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and many more specialized programs.
WHAT Merakey HAS TO OFFER
* The stability that comes with working for a national leader in the human services industry
* Highly competitive compensation ranging $65,000 – $75,000 annually
* Around the clock in-home and crisis support
* Expense and mileage reimbursement
Community Residential Rehabilitation (CRR) is a foster care program that provides a pathway to repairing and rebuilding the relationship between children and their natural support system. Compared to traditional foster care settings, CRR excels in the treatment provided to children through enhanced levels of support to the child, their natural supports, and the host home (foster home). CRR enhanced levels of support include individual and family therapy, treatment meetings, case management, and integration of treatment goals in the home and community.
CRR Host Homes are significant components to the successful treatment and reunification of children and their natural supports. As a Host Home, you will receive intensive 24/7 support from a professional clinical team in addition to clinical education with a minimum of 40 hours of annual training designed to assist with understanding behavior, diagnosis, de-escalation of behavior, and a variety of other topics that support children participating served by CRR
Additional Responsibilities Include:
* Meeting the physical and emotional needs of the child
* Maintaining required annual education goal of 40 hours, provided by Merakey
* Modeling of appropriate and professional behavior, family systems, coping mechanisms, etc
* Supporting children to experience growth and independence
* Encouraging positive interactions between the child and the child’s natural support, working toward reunification
* Maintaining adequate documentation of treatment related activities
* Transporting the child to family visits, medical, dental, vision appointments, counseling, etc. (travel costs are reimbursed)
* Accepting responsibility for general child care including food, clothing, shelter, etc.
In addition to completing your application, please feel free to email your resume directly to our recruiter at …@merakey.org or contact us directly at 814-###-#### for more information
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Community Residental Rehabilitation–Host Home (CRR/HH)
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Associates degree in social work or other related behavioral/mental health field preferred but not required
* Minimum of 1 year experience working with children. Applicants with experience working with children diagnosed with behavioral/mental health diagnosis preferred
* Abitity to pass an initial medical appraisal by a licensed physician (the appraisal must establish that the parent applicant is physically able to care for children and is free from communicable disease)
* Approved clearance through Criminal, Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprinting background checks
* Ability to pass a home safety evaluation and comprehensive home study
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: anfitriónas, anfitriónes, banquet server, camarero, server, servidor, tasting, wait staff, wine, wine steward