We Are Hiring
Coord-Case Mgmt – Case Management 001 – PRN,Day – Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus- BU 34014 – Southfield,MI
M-F 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., with rotating weekends & holidays as needed.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable. Our Values: We are called to: Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication Our Vision: Our passion for healing calls us to cultivate trust, advocate wellness, and transform healthcare.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to coordinate the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from admission to discharge.
- Creates plan for care across the continuum, integrating patient/family preferences and values.
- Monitors patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or patient records.
- Advocates for resources and removal of barriers.
- Maintains ongoing dialog with supervisor and other health providers to ensure effective implementation of health plan.
- Participates in clinical performance improvement activities, including the development of clinical paths, patient/family education programs, collaborative practice groups, Six Sigma, and other quality initiatives. Identifies and recommends improvement opportunities.
- Completes and records in computer database all phases of utilization review and negotiates with payers to achieve necessary level of care and/or arrangements to facilitate the patient’s timely transition through the continuum of care.
- Uses data to better understand strengths and weaknesses of the hospital and department, and to determine needs, decisions, and strategies in relation to continued stay. Responsible for managing continuous stay and authorization for payment purposes.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of Michigan required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Case Management Administrator certification preferred.
- Associate Degree
- Associate’s degree required Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Nursing preferred
- 2 years of clinical experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Reasonable Accommodation
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: …@stjohn.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Associated topics: bsn, care unit, intensive, maternal, neonatal, nurse clinical, nurse rn, psychatric, psychiatric, recovery