The Salesforce Application Manager works directly with Director of Development and fundraising team and collaborates with other Senior Staff members in Accounting, Finance, IT, Communications and Outreach to design, implement and manage cloud-based applications. The Manager is responsible for the creation, coordination and analysis of donor/supporter data and will provide recommendations in support of Development goals and objectives. This is a hands-on role responsible for implementation of Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) and to ensure best practices and functionality within Salesforce and connected applications. In addition, the Manager will develop new programs and processes within Salesforce to promote sustainable program growth. Experience customizing third-party tools and integration in Salesforce and the ability to provide valuable insights and recommendations to resolve issues on a timely manner are critical requirements in this role. NOTE: This is a remote position.
- Salesforce Administration: Configure objects, fields, flows and integrations to support CRM strategy across all teams.
- Marketo Administration: Configure objects, fields, lists, and integrations to support fundraising communications, manage synch with Salesforce, monitor storage, and maintain lead/prospect lists.
- Serve as primary admin and point of contact for all 3rd party apps (Conga, Donorbox, Eventbrite, PayPal, etc.). Manage integrations, maintain apps, and coordinate with developers and end-users as needed.
- Create and maintain developer and training files, and other internal procedural documents.
- Assist with data entry and gift processing, including ongoing maintenance and integrity of the database, ensuring the data is accurate, current and consistent across systems. Develop & enforce data quality procedures (ex. naming conventions).
- Develop processes and procedures to maintain and ensure continued data integrity.
Training & Staff Support
- Onboard and train staff on the use of various systems. Encourage a culture of systems learning and compliance with new protocols and best practices. Troubleshoot issues.
- Support the entire organization through major system updates and migrations. Ensure seamless transition for staff by defining transition strategy, gathering input from users, prioritizing features and rigorous testing.
- Project-management across systems initiatives from start to finish, including giving updates to stakeholders.
- Stay on top of features relevant to fundraising and marketing efforts, provide suggestions, and implement tools that will optimize use of Salesforce & Marketo (or other marketing automation systems).
- Collaborate with the Finance Department, providing reports and reconciling information.
- Advise and build automated engagement plans (NPSP & Marketo), email journeys, rules, and other automations to support multi-touch outreach and moves management.
- Generate data and report requests for staff pertaining to Salesforce, Marketo, and other applications.
- Provide guidance on systems-related projects or projects pertaining to CRM strategy, to collect and track key data points.
- Must manage all data with utmost discretion, integrity, and confidentiality
- Salesforce Administration Certification and 2+ years of salesforce administration experience are highly desirable.
- Experience in Salesforce-based data analysis to determine trends and provide. recommendations to senior management and external stakeholders by building visually compelling dashboards.
- Strong understanding of email marketing tools such as Marketo, Hubspot, etc. are a plus.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes, automations, integrations, and facilitate user adoption.
- Must be a team player and able to interact and effectively communicate with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated project management abilities and advanced MS Office skills highly preferable
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy are required.
Salary/Benefits: The SETI Institute provides competitive salary, excellent benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, a flexible spending account for medical and dependent care, vacation, and sick leave. The Institute sponsors a retirement plan option upon fulfillment of eligibility.
Diversity and Equity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The SETI Institute is an Affirmative Action Employer and members of underrepresented communities and demographics are particularly encouraged to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ and people with disabilities.
Note: The Institute will not sponsor applicants for work visas