Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
El Programa Hispano Católico (EPHC) is seeking a dynamic leader to increase the organizational capacity for community impact through a strengthened culture of philanthropy demonstrated by increased major giving, planned giving, corporate giving, government funding, annual giving and events. The Director of Development (DD) will share the agency’s passion and commitment to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice and will craft a comprehensive development and fundraising strategy to enable sustainable growth and achievement of EPHC's strategic goals. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will lead and be accountable for the overall success of the organization's fundraising and development initiatives.
The DD is responsible for increasing EPHC’s fundraising capacity to achieve its strategic goals through a strengthened culture of philanthropy demonstrated by increased planned giving, major giving, corporate giving, government funding, annual giving and events. The DD ensures legal compliance and best practices for gift administration and records management to ensure excellent stewardship of donor and community giving. The DD is a chief spokesperson representing the organization to constituencies, both internal and external, and will be a key strategic leader of the organization responsible for developing the resources needed to achieve EPHC's strategic goals and vision. This position will report to the Executive Director, and will serve on the Executive Director’s Executive Team. The DD will also work closely with the Board of Directors, senior staff and other keys stakeholders.
Create and Lead Fund Development Strategy:
- Craft a comprehensive development strategy to enable sustainable growth and achievement of EPHC's strategic goals.
- Develop, manage and broaden a robust planned giving program.
- Develop specialized outreach and cultivation strategies for diverse communities, especially the Latino community.
- Develop a new portfolio of prospects and donors, nurture existing partners, prepare compelling oral and written proposals, and effectively steward all relationships.
- Solicit and maintain corporate sponsors by developing year-round cultivation, recognition and stewardship programs.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of donor database integrity; assure design and maintenance of donor/prospect records, gift management systems and informational reports.
- Provide oversight of all of the organization’s fund development activities, manage the day-to-day operations of the development function, and monitor adequacy of activities through coordination with the Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer, other senior staff and appropriate Board committees.
- Oversee performance measures, monitor results and help the Executive Director and Board of Directors evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s fund development, communications, and programs.
Lead External Relationships with Current and Potential Donors:
- Lead relationship-building strategy and activities with major individual donors, personally developing relationships with key donors and prospective donors, and coach senior staff to do the same. Continually build EPHCS’ pipeline of potential supporters, building on referrals from Board members, current advocates, and research.
- Coach Internal Leaders: Coach senior staff (Executive Director, Program Managers, etc.) and Board members on how to effectively fundraise, helping them to identify potential donors, cultivate potential donors, and steward ongoing donors.
Communications and Marketing:
- Work with Executive Director to clearly define a marketing strategy for the design and management of communication and marketing communications to ensure consistent institutional messaging and strong "branding" consistent with EPHC's core values.
- Oversee and manage development and writing of proposals and solicitation materials.
- Oversee development of marketing materials including case statements, brochures, social media, public relations and website.
- Team with the Chief Financial Officer for budget development and management, assure sound fiscal operation of the development function including timely, accurate and comprehensive development of charitable contributions income and expense budgets, reporting, monitoring and implementation.
- Provide staffing to the Board of Directors and assigned board committees.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability standards to donors, and ensure compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish Preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and operate strategically, to build public support, to strengthen infrastructure, to inspire donors, staff and the Board of Directors, and to develop effective development programs.
- Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ senior management experience with increasing levels of responsibility ideally including direct support of a Board of Directors.
- A minimum of 3 years of major gift and planned giving fundraising experience with individuals, corporations and foundations.
- A minimum of 2 year of grant writing experience
- Documented experience and quantifiable success in key development strategies including donor segmentation, research and cultivation.
- Exceptional financial, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing; excellent public speaking skills; adept at writing proposals, solicitation letters, donor correspondence, and other fundraising materials.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- High energy and creativity, innovative thinking; exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate; knowledge of Word and Excel and experience with database software.
- Experience with development software programs.
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. High attention to detail required.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
- Ability to support organizational and program specific mission and goals.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Must have driver’s license, ability to obtain automobile insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100). Regular driving in the Tri-County area required.
- Satisfactory results from civil, criminal and motor vehicle background check required.
COMPENSATION: The salary range for this position is $75-80,000. Competitive benefits package, including: 100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, retirement plan, free parking and more.
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume at: https://ElPrograma.applicantpro.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER