POSITION TITLE: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
ACCOUNTABLE TO: DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
Feeding Texas is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that supports a statewide network of food banks. Our mission is to lead a unified effort for a hunger-free Texas. We work collaboratively to ensure adequate nutritious food for our communities, improve the health and financial stability of the people we serve, and engage all stakeholders in advocating for hunger solutions to advance our mission.
The Development Manager is a member of the Feeding Texas Communications team with primary responsibility for managing all fundraising and development activities. The Development Manager will work with the CEO to solicit philanthropic support from individuals, corporations, and foundations and implement individual, cause marketing, and planned giving campaigns to meet the annual and long-range fundraising goals of the organization.
Strategy and Planning
- Work with the CEO, CFO, and team leads to establish annual fundraising goals for a balanced budget.
- Work with the CEO and Communications Director to identify strategic funding and partnership opportunities.
- Work closely with the Communications Director to develop mission-aligned fund development strategies to attract support from individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Establish strong relationships and open communication with development staff at member food banks to foster transparency and to share and expand network funding opportunities.
- Research funding sources and trends to help position the organization ahead of major funding changes or trends.
Development and Fundraising
- Develop and implement targeted individual, cause marketing, and seasonal giving campaigns.
- Record donations, track, and acknowledge donations through Every Action, Feeding Texas’ CRM.
- Work with the Communications Director to ensure consistent external messaging in donor communications and deliverables, including recognition of donors via digital media channels.
- Research and identify new grant opportunities, support subject matter experts in proposal writing, track all private grants in the CRM, and ensure all grant reporting deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program, including identifying opportunities to cultivate deeper ties and generate major gifts from new donors.
All staff are expected to develop an anti-racist knowledge base and awareness of racial equity and racial justice strategies, participate in regular anti-racist trainings, and contribute to the development and integration of a racial justice framework at Feeding Texas.
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising, mission-driven marketing, development, or a related field
- Demonstrated track record in managing individual and corporate giving campaigns
- Demonstrated capacity to cultivate relationships with donors
- Strong ability to connect with people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Persuasive storyteller committed to truthfulness and authenticity
- Strong organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to work independently in a virtual, fast-paced environment with multifaceted demands
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience using a CRM to record and track donations and engage donors; experience with Every Action is a plus
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger
Applicants should also be committed to social and racial justice, with a belief that improving outcomes for all Texans–regardless of their race, place, or class–requires intersectional solutions that correct injustices and promote equity.
The salary for this position is $62,400. Feeding Texas offers a competitive benefits package. We strive to provide non-cash benefits that encourage a work-life balance and promote the physical, mental, and financial health of our employees and their families.
Feeding Texas operates in a virtual work environment. We provide the necessary technology, equipment, and other supports to ensure a comfortable and conducive home working environment for employees. All staff must be residents of the State of Texas within 30 days of their start date.
Please upload your resume and complete a brief questionnaire here. The form will close at 11:59PM CST on October 15. We expect to have a candidate selected by mid-November with a preferred start date of early December.
Feeding Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages people with lived experiences of hunger and members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.