Muslim Advocates is seeking a Development Officer to lead a growing individual donor engagement program, within a growing organization.
Muslim Advocates seeks candidates who are relationship-oriented and goal-oriented; enjoy engaging verbally, in person and electronically with donors and prospective donors; and are determined to do their part to fight hate and discrimination. The Development Officer will be responsible for leading cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts targeting donors who make annual gifts of less than $10K. The Development Officer will work collaboratively and strategically with the Director of Development to set goals, priorities, and direction for the individual giving program. This position requires a development professional who has a track record of success identifying and cultivating donors, securing gifts, and meeting ambitious, yet achievable revenue targets.
The Development Officer will be supervised by the Director of Development and will be based in our Washington, DC office.
- Build, cultivate, and manage a portfolio of donors with a focus on those making annual gifts of less than $10K.
- Lead donor engagement activities in key cities and regions across the country, including coordinating events hosted by board members and volunteers.
- Create and implement effective strategies across channels (email, mail, social media, website, in-person, digital marketing, events) for a well-rounded fundraising program that both retains our current donors and acquires new donors.
- Conduct analysis of giving for purposes of maximizing ROI, setting and meeting annual fundraising goals, and building strategies for donor growth and constant improvement.
- Assist with direct mail, digital fundraising, and securing sponsorships for annual gala and other special giving activities.
We are seeking candidates who possess these key qualifications:
- A strong track record of success meeting ambitious individual giving fundraising targets and building effective donor relationships with strong interpersonal and communications skills; understanding of individual fundraising best practices and donor stewardship.
- Strong contributor in team environments; organizational and project management skills; meets deadlines and has eagle-eye attention to detail.
- Experience with Salesforce, iWave or similar technology to research, run reports and analyze data that inform and refine fundraising strategies.
- Able to travel as much as two to three times a month for one to three days, including weekend travel.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Muslim Advocates.
Muslim Advocates offers a generous and competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Muslim Advocates is committed to recruiting, hiring and supporting a diverse staff and welcomes applicants of all gender, sexuality, religious, ethnic, racial and cultural identities.
About Muslim Advocates:
Founded in 2005, Muslim Advocates is a national civil rights organization working in the courts, in the halls of power and in communities to halt bigotry in its tracks. We ensure that American Muslims have a seat at the table with expert representation so that all Americans may live free from hate and discrimination. For more information, visit www.muslimadvocates.org