StriveTogether leads a national movement of nearly 70 communities to get better results for major milestones in a child’s life. We coach and connect community partnerships across the country to close gaps, especially for children of color and low-income children. We help partners find and solve problems with data; use a proven approach to define and measure progress; and push people on changing behavior for lasting change. The StriveTogether Cradle to Career Network reaches 10.4 million students, involves 10,800 organizations and has partners in 30 states and Washington, D.C. Together, we strive to create better systems of opportunity that truly benefit every child, cradle to career. To learn more about our work, our impact and our team, visit strivetogether.org.
StriveTogether is recruiting a Director of Accelerator Fund Programs, who will lead the management of the Accelerator Fund, an initiative of the Cradle to Career Challenge Fund designed to expedite partnership progress by building the capabilities of local leaders and practitioners to disrupt systems and improve outcomes for every child, cradle to career. S/he will be responsible for effective implementation of cohort-based Results CountTM programs such as the StriveTogether Leadership Program and will serve as the primary liaison to cradle to career partnership leaders across multiple cohorts of the Accelerator Fund. S/he will report to the Senior Director of Impact.
The ideal candidate has a results orientation, an interdisciplinary and creative mindset, and strong attention to detail. Excellent oral and written communication skills – with the ability to communicate complex concepts simply – are a must, as well as strong interpersonal and facilitation skills. Some experience working in program management, Results CountTM, coaching, continuous improvement, community engagement, and/or emergent learning and design is welcome. This is a unique opportunity to work with the country’s only national network of cradle to career partnerships and directly contribute to the result of helping every child succeed from cradle to career.
Lead Program Implementation and Improvement
- Oversee the planning and execution of intensive Results CountTM cohort-based programs (e.g. national StriveTogether Leadership Program, local programs), working closely with StriveTogether coaches, consultants and cradle to career partnership teams
- Hold accountability for results, leading internal planning and debrief processes and data analyses to improve the design and delivery of programs with cross-functional teams
- Serve as the primarily liaison to partners and participants, including managing all program and event logistics and contract relationships
Coordinate Coaching and Strategic Assistance
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the staff of cradle to career partnerships receiving support from the Accelerator Fund (six alumni communities, six communities currently receiving support, and 5-10 communities to be selected in Fall 2018)
- Curate each partnership’s Accelerator Fund experience, including oversight of the application design, selection, onboarding, coaching and strategic assistance needs, financial assistance requests, and ongoing tracking of partnership progress
- Lift up examples and stories of bright spots, promising practices and lessons learned to support the amplification of learning across the team, the Network, and the field
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to StriveTogether’s mission and values exemplified through work experience and/or community involvement
- Dedication to racial equity and inclusion in education and economic opportunity
- Results orientation with experience leading projects from ideation to execution
- Growth mindset with an inclination for learning, continuous improvement, and action
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and comfort in collaborative networked environments
- Creative problem-solving aptitude, with proven ability to work collaboratively to address adaptive challenges, resolve conflicts and handle strategic issues with diverse partners
- Poised oral and written communicator, demonstrating professionalism and clarity
- Autonomy to work independently with limited guidance and be attentive to details
- Ability to travel between 30% and 50% depending on Network needs
- Willingness to relocate to Cincinnati or Chicago (where StriveTogether is based)
- At least five years of professional experience