CLOSE: Until filled
CONTACT: SVP, Resource Development and Strategic Initiative
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers at the national and local levels. For almost 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our community stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
UnidosUS seeks to hire a Director of Corporate Relations based in our Washington, DC headquarters. Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Resource Development and Strategic Initiatives, the Director of Corporate Relations will be responsible for creating and implementing a fundraising strategy to meet the unrestricted corporate giving fundraising goal for the organization. The Director is charged with building and managing relationships with key corporate, government, and nonprofit partners; developing and engaging new partners, client categories, and corporate partnership opportunities; and analyzing trends in the nonprofit sector and recommending new strategies and opportunities to grow corporate support for the organization. The Director is responsible for meeting fundraising goals for the year, and for each signature UnidosUS event, and will work closely with the Senior Vice President and Consultants on special fundraising campaigns. This individual will be a proactive fundraiser who has progressive and successful development experience, particularly working with Fortune 500 companies, and high-level corporate executives. The ideal candidate will be a results-oriented, mission-driven individual who cares deeply about mentoring and managing a motivated team; a creative and innovative thinker; an effective collaborator; and someone who can lead across teams and across components.
- Lead Corporate Relations team strategy to reach fundraising goals; from development of effective corporate partner/sponsor opportunities through closing multi-year commitments.
- Manage, solicit, and steward a portfolio of existing and prospective corporate partners
- ³ $75,000).
- Manage and support SVP and CEO’s corporate partner visits including pre-visit research and strategy, follow-up, documentation, and stewardship.
- Oversee, manage, motivate, and mentor the Corporate Relations team in goal setting, planning, and weekly activity to reach individual and team goals, as well as professional development goals.
- Lead and manage the team to provide pre- and post-event analysis of corporate fundraising efforts; identify new opportunities, challenges, and trends; report on statistical history; and provide data reports related to fundraising efforts.
- Build partnerships with institutional leaders and colleagues to maximize corporate fundraising.
- Exhibit clear and effective communications skills to convey the “value” of a partnership with UnidosUS.
- Stay informed about current industry tools and technology, industry events and training, and emerging trends in the industry.
- Work with Business Affairs/Finance to ensure accurate recording of sales; documentation of contracts and transactions; facilitate collection of payments; and work with Senior Vice President to report results and progress to appropriate audiences, including Board of Directors and organization leadership.
- Maintain a solid understanding of UnidosUS, its programs and initiatives, operational structure, history, etc.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the U.S. Hispanic culture, community, consumer market insights, and market trends.
- Provide excellent on-site customer service and logistical support at events.
- Respond to general inquiries regarding UnidosUS and signature events via phone, email, and in-person during signature events; carry out other routine office functions as necessary.
- Provide campaign management support as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus five to seven years of successful experience in nonprofit fundraising, with specific experience in corporate relations or comparable experience in community relations and grant making in the corporate sector.
- Successful track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding multi-year, multimillion-dollar nonprofit/corporate sponsorships, gifts, and grants.
- Experience working with nonprofits serving the Latino community and proficiency in Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate other development professionals and volunteers through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism, and high achievement.
- Ability to see and understand the objectives of all pieces of the development component, and to align corporate fundraising efforts with Resource Development goals and objectives, as well as institutional strategic priorities and vision.
- Understanding of database management, reporting, business processing and compliance of corporate partner contracts/agreements, and prospect research tools.
- Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate, and recalibrate strategic development plans.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and organizational skills; ability to serve as an UnidosUS spokesperson in corporate settings.
- Ability to coordinate high-level corporate executive meetings and events with UnidosUS leadership, locally and nationally.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and move projects forward according to their timelines.
- Friendly and collegial interpersonal skills; a self-starter who is also comfortable working collaboratively with teams and committees.
- Ability to keep supervisors informed in a timely manner.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and ability to handle confidential and privileged information with discretion and appropriate urgency.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus.
- Understanding of and commitment to UnidosUS’ mission.
- Ability to travel and work occasional nights and weekends.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
1126 16th St., NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
Subject Line: Director of Corporate Relations
Attn: SVP, Resource Development and Strategic Initiative
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.