The Verde Valley Archaeology Cneter seeks a Director of Development and Communications. The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for planning, directing and implementing a comprehensive Development program focused on the goal of significantly increasing donor engagement and fundraising outcomes. VVAC seeks a seasoned professional to work with the ED and the Board of Directors to drive new revenue, maintain and elevate donors, and expand development and communications capabilities.
- Develop and oversee museum and educational partnerships .
- Strengthen and ensure dynamic processes and strategies for development in all phases of donor qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship in a manner that is integrated across the organization.
- Help identify, implement, and track key performance indicators for development.
- Establish priorities for marketing and communications support as they pertain to development, by jointly overseeing marketing and membership development, social media campaigns, publications, creative design, public relations, and web and digital strategies.
- Maintain and grow a dynamic portfolio of high net worth individuals, securing major, principal, and planned gifts through effective donor identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation
- Grow major gifts and corporate gifts through community engagement.
- Steward relationships with local leaders, businesses, community members, and other stakeholders, and build relationships between these groups and individuals and VVAC, serving as an exemplary advocate in the community.
- Advance VVAC's mission and vision, ensuring integration through Development, including donor campaigns and special events.
- Oversee and direct all channels of fundraising, including individual giving/annual fund, major and principal gifts, planned-giving, corporate and foundation relations, special events and sponsorships.
- Develop annual plans and budgets, ensure organizational planning and alignment.
- Experience in fundraising, ideally within the humanities.
- Experience directing or supporting major capital campaigns.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor CRM packages.
- Comprehensive understanding of best practices in Marketing and Events.
- Strong written and verbal communication with equally strong presentation and PR skills.
- Master’s degree in nonprofit management, the humanities or business management (desired).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Applications MUST complete and email the application form at: https://www.verdevalleyarchaeology.org/employment