Pennybyrn has an opportunity for a Director of Development and Community Relations to join our team. For more than 70 years, Pennybyrn has been a leader in providing innovative and compassionate service and care to older adults. Our non-profit, faith-based mission is to “Demonstrate God’s Love for the Lives we touch”, and we are committed to honoring our core values:
- Faith in Action
- Empowered, compassionate community
- Nurture the human spirit and appreciate the individual
- Excellence in Service
- Education and Growth
This position is responsible for the creation, implementation, and direction of fundraising efforts that support our mission and goals, as well as identifying prospects, cultivating relationships to maximize outreach potential, and professionally promoting Pennybyrn to reach desired organizational goals. This position will implement an Annual Development plan, establish a strong donor program, develop and execute proposals and grant writing, participate in community long-range planning, make board-level presentations, solicit various individuals and groups, and continually align fundraising with organizational goals.
This opportunity is open to exempt-level, fundraising professionals with 5+ years’ experience, and demonstrated effectiveness in prospect identification, relationship building, solicitation, gaining closure, and grant writing in a non-profit environment. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Public Relations, or a related field.
- Proven Fund raising and development success
- Computer proficiency and experience with donor management programs.
- Proven experience in presenting compelling information to build engagement and passion
- Superior oral and written communication, including public speaking
- Ability to commit to and advocate for Pennybyrn’s mission, values, and vision.
Why work with Pennybyrn?
We are a resident-centered retirement community with a culture of caring that is truly engaging and unique! Located in High Point, NC, our campus consists of four beautiful neighborhoods that serve the individual lifestyles and needs of our residents. These include Independent Living, Assisted Living, the Healthcare Households, and Transitional Rehab. Candidates who enjoy working with the Senior population and strive to inspire extraordinary living will love becoming a part of our community!
What sets us apart?
We strive to create and maintain an outstanding working environment for our team that includes a rich benefit package:
* PTO (Paid Time off) eligibility for all employees
* Excellent low-cost and no-cost benefits
* Retirement Plan (401k) and Employer Match eligibility for all employees
* Free Fitness Center membership on-campus
* Discounted services for meals, barber/beauty shop, and massage therapy
* Acres of beautiful, mature landscaping and walking trails
* Faith-based and mission-driven with a rich and vibrant Irish history since 1947
* A true team spirit and belief in making a difference together!