Jewish Family & Children’s Services of Northern New Jersey (JFCS) is a human services agency dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals and families in Northern New Jersey.
JFCS is looking for an exceptional development professional who will work closely with lay leadership to effectively expand the donor base of the organization. The Director of Development will focus on growing the base of prospective major gift donors by identifying, cultivating, stewarding and soliciting high net worth individuals and spearheading our fundraising goals. This is a new position for JFCS.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Cultivate and steward donors, providing an exceptional donor experience that enhances giving, attracts new investors to JFCS’s mission, and regularly engages donors
- Build strong relationships with board members/lay leaders to enhance and support growth of JFCS while driving identification of new mid-level and major gift donors
- Determine metrics, strategies and action items to build a robust major gifts program
- Drive toward robust success of the Development Department by overseeing goals and managing staff of Marketing, Special Events and Grantsmanship
Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Develop deep relationships with champions, donors, and Board members which will result in increased giving and networking
- Establish success-focused collaborative relationships with the development department team members and all JFCS staff
- Maintain DonorPerfect database records to ensure strong tracking, team communications, and follow up.
- Successfully prospect for new donors and drive ongoing development efforts
- With creativity and bold spirit that inspires the integration of new ideas, identify new funding streams for JFCS
- Build sustainable plans to maximize giving, meet existing goals, and grow funding
- Be comfortable closing the deal and successfully making asks
- Serve as an ambassador of JFCS. Deliver compelling communications to promote the organization’s mission and strategic growth plan. Convey complex ideas through succinct and powerful materials
- Demonstrate a high degree of poise with donors, Board members, and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience:
JFCS is seeking a savvy development professional to spearhead this new role and department, and to grow JFCS’ major donor efforts. You have excellent relationship building skills and understand the value of JFCS’s philanthropic supporters and their role in strengthening JFCS’s fundraising capabilities and programs. You are goal-oriented, and can keenly manage your (and your department’s) time, resources, and projects to exceed goals. You are passionate about the JFCS mission: to strengthen and enhance the well-being of all who call upon us by providing professional and compassionate human services to effectively meet life’s many challenges.
- A fundraising professional (5+ years of experience) with experience in donor relations in a dynamic non-profit environment.
- Previous success in planning and executing fundraising initiatives and managing all stages of gifts – identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals;
- Smart, energetic, and proactive with strong problem-solving skills and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills with strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- High emotional IQ, understanding the clients/consumers, donors, and the value of what JFCS adds to the community.
- Strong computer skills including DonorPerfect or similar database a plus.