The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Youth Services System’s, Inc. (YSS) fundraising including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. The This person is responsible for bringing in revenue streams including but not limited to private and public funding. The Director oversees donations, communication, social media and grants for the agency. This is a leadership position within YSS which is responsible for establishing, nurturing and promoting relationships from diverse groups and interests within the agency’s service area. Creating a rapport with community leaders and organizations as well as city, state and federal officials is essential.
The Director of Development will:
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Identify and cultivate prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis by utilizing the Boomerang donor database wealth screening tool to track and boost donations of existing donors and targeted prospective donors by understanding their passion, motivation and goals for philanthropy towards YSS
- Develop and execute YSS’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Execute a strategy to create a large sustainable base of annual individual donors by enhancing enhance long-term relationships with existing donors and sponsors
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings, phone campaigns and annual fundraising drives to meet organizational goals
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest.
- Develop and oversee capital campaigns
- Coordinate and administer all of the organizations fundraising special events
- Organize 3-4 events annually with groups (professional or otherwise) to advance agency mission and vision and collaboration
- Plan, organize and attend community events that promote agency public image.
- Explore and develop collaborations with community organizations and businesses
- Collaborate with the Development team to create a digital fundraising strategy.