Position: Director of Finance
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: 100,000 to 115,000 per year
FSLA Classification: Exempt
Location: YWCA Cambridge, Central Square
The YWCA Cambridge is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
The Director of Finance is the chief financial officer of YWCA Cambridge and related legal entities. In this regard, the DF provides real-time financial information, budgets, and financial forecasts on a scheduled basis and as needed to the Executive Director and Finance Committee. They play a key role in the strategic planning of the organization and are expected to attend Board meetings and prepare and give reports and external stakeholders.
As a hands-on position, the Director of Finance for the day-to-day accounting and banking activities of the YWCA and its LLCs. A primary focus is to use sound accounting and reporting practices that meet generally accepted standards established by the accounting profession and regulatory agencies.
Essential Functions: (The following is a list of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time and without advance notice. Management may assign new duties, reassign existing duties, or eliminate role. Duties include but may not be limited to the following.)
- Work closely with the ED to design and implement the strategic plan.
- Produce accurate and timely monthly financial reports and dashboards.
- Perform financial day-to-day transactions including accounts payables, accounts receivables, closing general ledger entries, and ensures that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records monthly.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, credit card accounts and the reconciliation of accounts that are synced to the computerized accounting system.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly invoicing of grants and contracts.
- Process cash deposits and payments made within the Organization’s Fundraising system.
- Complete the filing of financial forms and other compliance reports.
- Produce financial statements profit/loss statements, budget to actual, and profit and loss by customer for managers.
- Oversee the annual audit and UFR.
- Prepare the annual budget by assisting managers in the development of their budgets for the YWCA Cambridge and present the compiled annual budget for Board approval.
- Manage all grant contract compliance under OMB A-122, local regulations/statutes, and grant specific terms
- Update internal policies, procedures and controls to govern the fiscal activity of the organization. Ensure compliance with all applicable city, state, federal and professional standards and regulations.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, with a Master’s in business, finance, or related field desired.
- Experience: Five (5) years of experience in nonprofit management, with at least three (3) years of experience in an accounting position performing financial duties. Experience in non-profit accounting, creating and overseeing budgets, forecasting, accounts receivables and accounts payables. Experience in the management of public funds allocated through state, city, and federal grants and contracts.
- Skills: Proficient in accounting software packages (i.e. QuickBooks and Bill.com), MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Suite (Google Calendar, Sheets, Docs, Forms, Slides). Ability to work collaboratively on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent oral written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with staff, vendors, and other external service providers as well as all levels of staff and the Board of Directors.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.