UnidosUS is seeking a highly motivated development professional to assume a leadership role in expanding donor support for the organization. The candidate will be an individual with a rich development background, who has had progressive and successful development experience including annual fund and major gifts. The ideal candidate cares deeply about mentoring gift officers and the development profession.
Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President for Development and Strategic Initiatives, the Director of Individual Giving will be responsible for the overall management of the major gifts, the annual giving program, and is charged with managing relationships and securing support from donors across the country to help UnidosUS meet its comprehensive campaign goals. In this position, the Director will be responsible for building and strengthening relationships with current donors as well as prospecting new gifts to substantially expand UnidosUS donor base.
The Director of Individual Giving will seek to not only retain and upgrade existing individual donors, but also to actively identify and acquire new donors through research, cultivation, and targeted outreach.
The right candidate will pro-actively fundraise and successful develop both major gifts and annual giving through working with multiple constituencies, including non-profit boards and high-level donors.
- Plan and manage all endeavors to secure gifts from donors.
- Participate as a full member of UnidosUS senior advancement team contributing to the overall component planning and providing fundraising counsel to senior UnidosUS staff.
- Provide the essential leadership and guidance for gift officers to maximize productivity.
- Develop and maintains a personal prospect pool of leadership and major gift prospects to cultivate, solicit, and steward.
- Manage and mentor the Annual Giving and Stewardship Manager and the Annual Giving and Communications Manager to reach individual and team goals.
- Lead individual giving team strategy from annual giving through major gifts.
- Manage, solicit, and steward a portfolio of individual major gift prospects and donors.
- Develop and implement customized strategies for SVP and CEO to cultivate, solicit, and steward top prospects.
- Manage and support SVP and CEO’s donor visits, including pre-visit research and strategy, follow-up, gift documentation, and stewardship.
- Oversee the annual giving team in their goal setting, planning, and weekly activity.
- Build partnerships with institutional leaders, colleagues, and volunteers to maximize major gift fundraising within a campaign environment.
- Provide campaign management support as needed.
- Produce reports to measure the success of campaigns and to track gifts from donors.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to seven years of successful experience in non-profit fundraising, with specific experience in comprehensive campaigns, annual giving, and major gifts.
- Experience working with non-profits serving the Latino community and proficiency in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus.
- Understanding of and commitment to UnidosUS’ mission.
- Ability to travel and work occasional nights and weekends.
- Understanding of database management, reporting, gift processing, and prospect research tools.
- Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate, and alter strategic development plans.
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and move projects forward according to their timelines.