PragerU is looking for a Director-level individual to specialize in Major Gifts, who is as passionate about our vision of creating a more rational America as we are. Although this role is based in our LA headquarters, there will be travel required during the year for donor visits and events. You will be one of our lead fundraisers in regards to Major Donor Gifts, focusing on $25k-to-1M+ donations, working closely with our CEO, Executive Director, and Director of Development in continuing our rapid year-over-year growth.
To apply, please first review our website at www.prageru.com. Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please include a section explaining how your values align with ours, and why you would want to work at PragerU specifically.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of major donors and prospects, which includes identifying and meeting with donors to cultivate, steward, solicit, and ascertain capacity to support PUF
- Tracks and manages pipeline of major donor meetings for which CEO, Dennis Prager, and others may need to attend
- Reviews donor correspondence, including reports, proposals, acknowledgment letters, etc.
- Leads proposal writing and year-end report writing for major gift acquisitions and renewals
- Makes 2-5 strategic/ substantive visits per month (donor, prospect, or advisor visits)
- Identify and/ or close 24+ gifts per year valued between $1M-3M+ total
- Promote, organize & participate in 2 or more donor or advisor seminars per year
- Collaborate with Officers and development staff to provide donors with exceptional service and collaborate with site visits/ donor visits
- Develop and provide to management quarterly forecasts for production of gift activity
- Be familiar with and remain current on various gift planning tools and agreements
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in charitable gift planning/ fundraising
- Rolodex to make an immediate impact
- Demonstrated ability to close principal gift plans at the six and seven figure level
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity in relation to information and documentation
- Passion for PragerU's mission to further what we call "Americanism" and familiarity with the concepts espoused in our digital content
- Commitment to excellence in all endeavors
- Superlative written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter who can prioritize tasks with limited supervision
- Experience working effectively with a variety of personalities
- Strong digital literacy, particularly in Mac iOS or Windows, Microsoft Office, Google and Adobe suites
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience helpful
What We Do
We take the best ideas from the best minds and distill them into short videos. Our comprehensive digital marketing campaign promotes the ideas that have made America and the West the source of so much liberty and wealth. These values are Judeo-Christian at their core and include the concepts of freedom of speech, free markets and love for our country—The United States of America.
With over 2.3 billion video views, PragerU has quickly become the most influential online resource for explaining the values that have made America great. Utilizing digital media and sophisticated marketing, PragerU reaches millions of people every day with short educational videos that promote American values.
A world committed to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
To promote what is true, what is good, what is excellent, and what is noble through digital media.