StriveTogether leads a national movement of nearly 70 communities to get better results for major milestones in a child’s life. We coach and connect community partnerships across the country to close gaps, especially for children of color and low-income children. We help partners find and solve problems with data; use a proven approach to define and measure progress; and push people on changing behavior for lasting change. The StriveTogether Cradle to Career Network reaches 10.4 million students, involves 10,800 organizations and has partners in 30 states and Washington, D.C. Together, we strive to create better systems of opportunity that truly benefit every child, cradle to career. To learn more about our work, our impact and our team, visit strivetogether.org.
StriveTogether is recruiting a Director of Network Growth, who will lead the strategy development for cultivating and supporting communities seeking to join the Cradle to Career Network. S/he will be responsible for identifying opportunities to grow the Network, coach and support early-stage communities as they build civic infrastructure, and codify tools and resources for community use. S/he will report to the Senior Director of Network Advancement.
The ideal candidate has a results orientation, an ability to develop and implement an evolving strategy, and coaching competence. S/he has exceptional coaching and facilitation skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts simply orally and in writing. Experience with growing and supporting an initiative is a must. Some experience working in equity and inclusion, program management, continuous improvement, community engagement, and/or emergent learning and design is welcome.
This is a unique opportunity to work with the country’s only national network of cradle to career partnerships by leading and developing the vision for this new team and expanded initiative, and directly contribute to the result of helping every child succeed from cradle to career.
Develop and execute Network growth and pipeline strategy
- Develop a strategy to grow and support StriveTogether’s Exploring Communities with the ultimate goal of Network membership
- Identify opportunities and aligned strategies to expand partnerships in communities interested in building civic infrastructure
- Set and achieve targets for Network growth
Provide strategic assistance on-site in communities
- Provide coaching and guidance to communities in the Exploring stage of StriveTogether’s Theory of Action with the end goal of Network acceptance
- Manage consultants and/or team members supporting strategic assistance engagements to build capacity in Exploring communities
Codify resources and tools for early-stage communities
- Collaborate with the Network Learning & Activation team to curate and codify resources, tools, and stories to support early-stage community growth and development
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to StriveTogether’s mission and values
- Dedication to racial equity and inclusion in education and economic opportunity
- Results orientation with experience leading projects from ideation to execution
- Growth mindset with an inclination for learning, continuous improvement, and action
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and comfort in collaborative networked environments
- Experience supporting leaders through coaching and leadership development, giving direct feedback, generating hypotheses, and managing change processes
- Creative problem-solving aptitude, with proven ability to work collaboratively to address adaptive challenges, resolve conflicts and handle strategic issues with diverse partners
- Poised oral and written communicator, demonstrating professionalism and clarity
- Autonomy to balance independent work with limited guidance and collaborative work
- Strong ability to manage team members and/or consultants to a result
- Ability to travel between 30% and 50% depending on Network needs
- Willingness to spend time (approximately 25%) in Cincinnati or Chicago (where StriveTogether is based)
- At least five years of professional experience