Director of Immigration & Refugee Services
In this exciting position the Director will oversee all of the immigration, refugee and migration services of the Catholic Charities Diocese of Arlington (CCDA). This individual is responsible for overall strategic and operational responsibility of all newcomer programs and creates and executes plans successfully for CCDA. Specifically, he/she is responsible for Hogar Education, Hogar Legal Services, and Migration and Refugee Services (MRS).
The Director provides strategic, tactical, and transformative leadership and ensures the creation, implementation and integration of programs in alignment with Catholic Charities mission, core values (Catholic Identity, Serving the Poor and Disenfranchised, Transformative Services, and Building Resources) and strategic direction. The Director of Newcomer Services is responsible for building relationships with organizations and agencies engaged in activities that are aligned with the work of CCDA. He/she is a member of CCDA senior leadership team and reports directly to the President & CEO. Strong Contract Management skills required for this position.
• The Catholic Church is committed to human dignity, the common good, subsidiarity and solidarity and the Director plays a leadership role in exemplifying these values in concert with the priorities of the Bishop, the Board of Directors, the President & CEO and the needs of our clients and stakeholders.
• Provides leadership, direction and coordination for all fundraising, grant management and communication activities that strengthen Catholic Charities’ program capacity and services.
• Develops relationships and strategies that result in significant support from new and existing donors.
• Encourages collaboration and productively engages with others at varying levels within and outside the agency.
• Strategic thinker with a successful record of developing relationships with clients and internal staff which includes Chancery staff, key donors, parishes and pastors throughout the Arlington Diocese.
• Sets the strategic tone, direction and supervision of agencies which includes overseeing, client needs, staffing, strategy, quality of work, and budgeting.
• Consults with the Program Directors to assess existing agency capability of meeting client needs and assuring continuous quality improvement in the compliance of professional services with accreditation standards
• Mentors Program Directors to help them understand compassion and resources.
• Work successfully with pastors, parishioners, community leaders and community members. Strengthens the stakeholders understanding and support for Catholic Charities
• Creates a leadership style that enhances trust, communication and support, in addition to accountability and outcomes.
• Demonstrates and demands cross program collaboration in order to serve the whole person
Documentation and Reporting
• Reports to the President & CEO for supervision and submission of statistics and required data.
• Oversees the submission of monthly reports to USCCB and ONS.
• Prepares quarterly reports for Catholic Charities.
• Ensures accurate and up-to-date reporting by staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated understanding of the Church’s commitment to human dignity, the common good, subsidiarity and solidarity.
• 5+ years of non-profit experience in one or more of the following areas; migrant and refugee services, legal services, education services
• 10+ years of overall non-profit experience desired
• Understands the workings of the Catholic faith
• Experience managing multiple large programs of 10-20+ employees and hundreds of volunteers
• Strong Contract Management skills required
• Demonstrated experience with Best Practices for non-profits.
• High level of detail-orientation, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of agency.
• 5+ years demonstrated experience of growing a department or organization.
• Prior experience with budget development, management and financial programs.
• Prior experience with agency-wide responsibility for program profitability, new business solicitation, and quality of program/customer service and Program Director development.
• Strategic thinker with a successful record of developing relationships with clients and internal staff.
• Experience with metrics and metric reporting
• Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.