Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Director of Operations is responsible for leading the overall operations for the organization, including the formulation, implementation, and continuous improvement of the end-to-end operation to achieve the short and long-range objectives. He/She is responsible for managing SFBFS operations in the general areas of facilities & staff, warehouse staff & drivers, delivery schedules, vehicle maintenance, inventory oversight, shipping & receiving logistics within compliance with relevant standards.
The Director of Operations will (including but not limited to):
- Manage all day to day SFBFS facilities, warehousing, transportation, and logistical operations, mentor staff in the creation & implementation of metrics to achieve process improvements & lead/support a team of professionals in the development, execution of the overall supply chain strategy for SFBFS
- Collaborate across all SFBFS programs and operations to develop and implement supply chain strategies that serve the food insecure needs of the community & drive distribution operations/logistics that enable increasing the volume of individuals served in food insecure areas using available resources of facilities, staffing, and budgeted expenditures
- Leverage SFBFS system capabilities to automate routine tasks, driving staff productivity and information accuracy. Increase the information systems literacy, usage, and work productivity across the supply chain organization to reduce cycle time and data entry errors
- Work with President/CEO and SVP on timely updates/recommendations on operational effectiveness and reporting, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in business or other related degree field
- 5+ years experience: food industry, facilities/fleet management and organizational leadership level capacity
- Working knowledge of: food safety principles/practices/regulations, inventory management and logistics in a distribution setting
- Preferred experience: food banking, grant writing and government contracts
- Full-time, exempt position; Monday – Friday (40.0 hour work week.); occasional weekends and holidays as needed
- SFBFS’ Food Bank Services campus location, also supporting Family Services campus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical / dental / vision / life / AD&D / LTD / retirement /' relocation expenses may be considered and more
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS’ employment application (found here: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/jobs) which should include three professional references to email@example.com for consideration.
No phone calls please.