JOB DESCRIPTION: The Director of Patient Programs, under the direction of the CEO, is responsible for 1) the development and maintenance of high-quality educational programs and direct patient services; 2) the development and implementation of a sustainable, comprehensive community relations program; and 3) strategic planning, grant writing, and budgetary oversight for all programmatic activities. Works closely with the CEO, all program staff and volunteers at the National Kidney Foundations of Arizona.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development, implementation and oversight of all Patient Assistance Programs. Overseeing eligibility guidelines and application processes. These programs include, but are not limited to, medications, transportation, and emergency living expenses.
- Grant development (connecting with community resources; writing grants; tracking expenditures of grant funding; writing reports on grant usage).
- Maintaining contact and creating relationships with health care professionals and social workers providing services to kidney patients and their families.
- Establishing and maintaining a public presence for the NKF of Arizona at the local, regional, and state level.
- Identifying and building upon opportunities for furthering and sharing NKF of Arizona’s mission, and for partnerships with like-missioned organizations.
- Oversight of contracts (developing and implementing contracts with suppliers (e.g., pharmacy providers, nutritional supplements, food cards; preparation of RFP’s; ensuring cost-effectiveness))
- Organizing, promoting, and executing quarterly Path to Wellness screenings (free community health screenings of up to 200 attendees, 60+ volunteers).
- Recruiting, training, and managing all program staff and volunteer workers.
- Ensuring that all records, including patient financials, are kept accurately and confidentially. Ensuring that all aid is provided fairly and consistently.
- Processing requests for and keeping records pertaining to patient support programs, including filing of State reports to validate NKF of Arizona usage of state funds. Reporting/presentation of patient expenditures and related budget status to CEO, Board and Patient Services Committee on a regular basis.
- Management, analysis of and reporting of patient services data.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Foundation and its programs in a variety of settings: one-on-one; with potential donors; community speaking engagements; media interviews.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with program management experience to grow and further develop essential state-wide kidney programs.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred. Recommended BAs would include social work, psychology, counseling or health care management. Nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Management and administrative experience required.
- Preference will be given to applicants with familiarity with and commitment to renal community and/or healthcare sector.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, maintain attention to deadlines, and function effectively under pressure.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) fluency highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool
- Significant experience evaluating, analyzing, and reporting on data.
- Ability to take charge, be decisive, take on new tasks, and seek new opportunities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Board of Directors, oversight agencies, other health care agencies, government officials, industry contacts, community leaders and the general public.
- Ability to exercise complete confidentiality of information and work within company policy/procedure and governmental guidelines.
- Ability to initiate planning and organizing programs/activities which reflect appropriate analysis and problem-solving techniques.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for NKF of Arizona’s mission.
To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to: HR@azkidney.org