In close partnership with the CEO, you'll be the driving force behind our commitment to excellence, exceeding the expectations of our Board of Directors. Your unique skill set, coupled with our flexible and family-friendly work environment, ensures a platform where your leadership is not just recognized but celebrated. Join us in this exciting journey, where your contributions will leave a legacy of innovation, excellence, and positive societal impact. This is a full-time, 40 hours/week, remote, Exempt position. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer, PLUS.
Working Conditions: Flexibility of a primarily remote work setup using technology, with occasional opportunities for in-office collaboration and engaging environments such as hotels and conventions. This position travels nationally up to 10% and locally (within the Minnesota Twin Cities area) 1-2 times per quarter.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is responsible for a direct report, and may have supervisory responsibilities over processes and programs, and carries out these responsibilities in accordance with PLUS’s policies and applicable laws. Incumbent will provide direction and oversight to service providers related to the planning, implementation and execution of events.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage the operations of the PLUS Foundation, including program design, implementation, funding recommendations, vetting charity partners and budgeting
- Oversees governance of the Foundation by the Board of Directors in partnership with CEO
- Manage Board and committee work, moving initiatives forward, adhering to bylaws, and facilitating fiscal and program oversight
- Organize and participate in all regular and planning meetings of the Board
- Drafts, presents, and recommends organizational policies and programs to the Board
- Develop and prepare the annual budget and program specific budgets for the Board and conducts operations within approved budgets, taking into consideration historical data and current goals.
- Tracks financials, issues check requests for payment, and provides regular budgeting/ registration reports to key stakeholders. Places orders and approves purchases
- Monitor, report, and make recommendations to the Board regarding the administration of the investment portfolio
- Report to the Board of Directors, maintaining open communication and disclosure of the conditions, operations, and needs of the organization
- Support and direct public relations activities to build and maintain relationships with other organizations, donors, and the public
- Facilitate annual audits and ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- With the Board, establishes and coordinates a multi-faceted framework for fundraising overseeing grant applications and fundraising initiatives to secure necessary funding
- Builds and maintains donor relations (corporate, individual and others)
- Manage vendor relations and activity relating to revenue generation
- Collaborate with the Board to develop, manage and execute new and existing programs, events, priorities and strategies,
- Consults with internal key stakeholders to determine program goals and objectives, establish themes, and identifies potential event dates and timelines for events, conferences and Board Meetings
- Develops and evaluates criteria in conjunction with key stakeholders for submitting RFPs to vendors for bid. Sources and secures vendors/venues. Negotiates, and approves, contract terms
- Serve as the organization’s spokesperson and advocate for its mission and vision
- Manages contract service providers and vendor relationships and requirements related to event/meeting planning and execution, including F&B menu selection, ordering and purchasing, staging, audio-visual, contests/prizes, etc. Provide on-site support, troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Provides direction to internal stakeholders/project team members and volunteers around event/meeting coordination including deadlines, registration and sponsorship processing, and other related logistic technical and administrative requirements
- Establish registration processes and marketing plan. Handles pre-event inquiries, oversees reservations and registrations. Manage event production such as creating signs, plaques, badges, and other materials. Provide updates and registration lists to event committee
- Establishes criteria for evaluating and sourcing potential (event) speakers with input and/or direction from key stakeholders. Negotiates speaker engagements and coordinates travel and accommodations, as necessary
- Completes post-event budget reconciliation, identifies and resolves discrepancies, and generates financial reports to key organizational stakeholders
- Develops evaluation methods and conduct surveys to gauge participant satisfaction and program success; analyze feedback/results to use in future planning, grant evaluations and new program development. Provides feedback to contract service providers
- Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in the design and production of Annual Reports, written promotions, signage, websites and all other general marketing items
- Develop Foundation marketing strategy and timetables, oversee execution and distribution, in a manner that engages volunteers, donors and other partners in the Foundation work while coordinating with PLUS staff to eliminate redundancies and streamline efforts
- Preferred bachelor’s degree & 5+ years’ experience in executive level management of non-profit organizations programs and events. We also welcome candidates who bring an equivalent combination of life and/or work experience to apply.
- Experience in non-profit, charitable giving, volunteer programs, program development, and organizational planning and reporting
- Experience working with volunteer committees and Board of Directors
- Experience in marketing and promotion of charitable programs and successes, and event planning and execution
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and grant writing to secure necessary funds for programs and operations
- Proficiency in financial management, budgeting, fundraising, and resource allocation to ensure the agency’s sustainability
- Enhanced interpersonal and communication skills that engage, welcome and motivate others
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the organization’s mission and vision
- Effective writing, as it applies to communications, reporting, capturing meetings/events, and conveying information and ideas
- Budgeting, mathematical skills, and the gathering analysis and presentation of statistics
- Experience working with diversity efforts and passion for advancing the interest of underrepresented groups
- Strategic Thinking, both macro and micro, as it relates to programming and operations
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long-term Disability eligible immediately upon hire (PLUS pays 100% of the employee premium)
- PTO accrues immediately upon hire & 10 paid Holidays annually.
We’re a close-knit group that thrives on mutual respect and mutual support. We’re always trying out new things, as individuals and as a team, and we learn as we go.
We seek to recruit and develop staff whose diversity matches the diversity of the communities we serve, and we strongly encourage applications from people of color, veterans, people of all ages, political beliefs, and cultures.
The PLUS Foundation addresses the key issues of today by focusing its mission to better champion tomorrow’s diverse workforce. The Foundation efforts strive, through “outreach, education, mentoring and giving back,” to support individuals and groups that face obstacles to entering or advancing their careers in professional liability insurance, and populations that are underrepresented in the industry and in senior management. The PLUS Foundation is a small non-profit with approximately 1.2 million in assets.