Primary Purpose of Position
The primary purpose of this position is to receive, assemble, review, and assess the donor recovery records (donor chart) against current tissue bank standards, applicable tissue regulations, and Osiris criteria to help determine donor eligibility.
* Assemble, review, assess donor paperwork received.
* Clearly communicate any corrections and feedback on donor paperwork to Osiris recovery team, outside tissue recovery agencies and the Osiris medical director.
* Create audit plans for, perform paper audits of, and assess new tissue recovery agencies.
* Validate external tissue recovery paperwork against Osiris criteria, FDA Good Tissue Practices, AATB standards, and applicable state regulations.
* Processing of document change control paperwork for material specifications and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
* Initiation, review, and approval of supplier qualification documentation for new and existing material suppliers.
* Track and trend data.
* A basic understanding of Good Tissue Practices (GTP) and Quality Systems.
* A basic understanding of medical terminology.
* Ability to work independently in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
* Ability to maintain focus and prioritize appropriately within processes that may change direction quickly.
* Ability to pay continuous attention to detail, including documentation of procedural details when performing repetitive critical tasks.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills inside and outside of the home department.
* Good decision making and troubleshooting skills in relation to procedures, regulatory standards, and company policies.
* A minimum of 1 year of experience in a regulated hospital, recovery or biotechnology environment (GTP).
* A minimum of 1 year of experience in tissue recovery or tissue banking operations.
* A minimum of 1year experience reading and interpreting medical history and medical charts.
* B. S. or B.A. in Life Sciences or related science-based field.
* TBS certified. If not certified, certification will be required within the first year of employment.
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Applicants are considered on the basis of individual merit without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, religion, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associated topics: alumni, annual, donor, fundraiser, giving, major gift, membership, philanthropy, raiser, relationship manager