The Donor Relations and Events Manager is a full-time position that manages event planning and coordinates donor relations and benefits administration. The position reports to the Director of Development. Duties and responsibilities include:
Oversee the day-to-day planning and implementation of all donor events including the annual fundraiser Gala held in the fall.
- Creating and managing timelines and budgets
- Acquire event spaces and vendors including caterer and serving as primary point of contact
- Compile guest lists, oversee invitation mailings, track RSVPs, sales and attendance
- Organize and manage the day of event timeline: set up, check-in and check-out, registration, dinner, volunteers
- Serve as department liaison with Concert Partners and manage all aspects of program
- Participate in prospect identification and research
- Attend Development Committee meetings, and take minutes
Individual and Institutional Donor Relationships and Benefits Administration:
Serve as first point of contact to donors and oversee the administration of donor benefits.
Specific duties include:
- Oversee and execute all processes relating to gifts/pledge receipts including entering gifts in donor database (Tessitura), acknowledgement of gifts and maintaining donor files
- Administer donor benefits and serve as first point of contact to donors, answering donor hotline, fielding donor questions concerning benefits and events, and welcoming guests at event check-in.
- Assist with 2 annual mailing campaigns
- Coordinate with finance department regarding record keeping, audit preparation and reconciliations
- Oversee matching gifts program
- Maintain department needs by ensuring donor related information on SFP website is accurate; organizing stationery needs and other materials
- Manage relationships with corporate donors
Salary: $50,000–$55,000. This is an exempt position.
Exempt Employee Benefits Include:
- Two weeks of vacation (increases after third and fifth year)
- 5 personal days per year
- 12 to 15 holiday days per year, depending on calendar, including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day
- 12 Sick days per year (separate from any other PTO)
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Commuter Checks (pre-tax)
- Access to 403(b) retirement account through TIAA