We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced RN to work as part of a collaborative, team environment within Christiana Hospital. The RN Case Manager will collaborate with the multidisciplinary team of physician, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other professional staff. The Case Manager will work with the patient and family to develop a safe and effective discharge plan that will meet the needs of the patient beyond the hospital stay.
- Contribute as part of a multi-disciplinary care team including physicians, care coordinators, social workers, pharmacy, respiratory staff, and others.
- Generous Paid Time Off, Competitive Pay & Robust Benefits Package.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and coordinate an individualized care plan to ensure safe and effective transfers in the movement of patients across the care continuum.
- Assesses health status of patients/members who are targeted for participation in cardiac disease management program; conducts initial telephonic assessment interview and screening.
- Conducts patient education; collaborates with patients/members to establish realistic goals and activities to enhance patient self-management and participation in care plan.
- Monitors patients progress; consults with primary physician or designee and other members of the care delivery team at agreed-upon intervals. Follows patient post-discharge at expected intervals.
- Acts as consultant to members of the health care team and is very visible Participates in data collection Uses theoretical and educational frameworks and expert clinical knowledge base to promote an provide patient, family staff and community education.
- Develops and implements educational materials and programs.
- Participates in activities that contribute to the education of other health care professionals. Plans and participates in educational outreach activities for community organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Active Clinical RN License required; BSN required. Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience in acute care.
- Case Management or utilization management experience desirable.
- Case Management Certification required within 18 months of hire.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients/members and staff information.
- Attends meetings and in-service educational programs, as requested.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, care, care unit, intensive, nurse clinical, recovery, registered nurse, surgery, tcu