Executive Director | CHOICES | Anchorage, Alaska
CHOICES Inc, (CHOICES) seeks an experienced and collaborative leader to serve as its next Executive Director. The Executive Director is the public ambassador for CHOICES, manages the financial health of the organization, and is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with staff, clients, funders and the community. The ideal candidate will empower a highly skilled team to provide quality behavioral healthcare services, establish systems and structures that ensure organizational resilience, and lead from a place of discovery and acceptance. The Executive Director will advance the organization to become a leading provider for holistic behavioral healthcare; successfully combing clinical and alternative approaches to recovery that promote individual choice and whole person wellness.
CHOICES stands for “Consumers Having Ownership in Creating Effective Services.” Established in 2003 as a peer-supported, recovery-oriented organization, CHOICES provides integrative behavioral healthcare. This holistic approach to care integrates clinical and alternative options that promote individual choice and whole person wellness. Peer-supported care is person-centered, strengths-based, frequent, ongoing, accessible and flexible. Headquartered in Anchorage, Alaska, CHOICES is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
CHOICES seeks an experienced executive who will advance the organization to become a leading provider for holistic behavioral healthcare; successfully combining clinical and alternative approaches to recovery that promote individual choice and whole person wellness. Through outreach and partnerships, the new executive will reinforce CHOICES reputation for high-quality, individualized, peer-supported care. The new executive will be visible in the community establishing partnerships and highlighting the value of CHOICES holistic approach. The new executive will enhance organizational stability through the empowerment of CHOICES highly skilled team.
The Executive Director is the internal driver and external ambassador of CHOICES and oversees its day-to-day affairs. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide innovative and strategic leadership, translating CHOICES’ vision into measurable strategies and concrete actions that advance the mission.
- Be an ambassador of CHOICES to the local community
- Oversee the business operations of CHOICES and ensure fiscal responsibility and security
- Develop and expand strategies for earned revenue, major gifts, and grants
- Ensure that programs and services are provided and are consistent with mission
- Develop, augment, and expand key relationships with stakeholders, donors, and clients
- Provide mentorship and support to staff in both their direct service to clients and administrative requirements
- Promote competency, quality, and the highest ethical standards throughout CHOICES
- Support the board and its committees
- Regularly & clearly report to the board on the financial and programmatic performance, and progress of strategic initiatives
- Ensure that proper policies and infrastructure are in place to promote best practices
While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes and experiences:
- At least five years of progressively increasing senior nonprofit leadership experience
- An empowering, flexible, and engaged leadership style with a demonstrated history of building and maintaining strong working relationships with staff, board, and external stakeholders including clients, funders, and community leaders
- Strong financial understanding and management or oversight of a comparably sized budget and staff
- Demonstrated experience with Medicaid reimbursement and compliance with administrative systems
- Ability to establish systems and structures that focus on integrating clinical and alternative behavioral healthcare approaches
- Solid understanding of clinical processes related to behavioral health
- Skilled communicator (both written and oral)
- Personal experience or connection to living with mental illness or substance use disorders
- Compassionate, approachable and possessing a spirit of warmth, humility, and high emotional intelligence