The Executive Director will provide the strategic direction and guidance for all aspects of LISC’s program in Memphis, and is responsible for raising capital and resources locally that are leveraged by National LISC’s support. The position requires a strong commitment to the role of community-based non-profit organizations as agents of positive community change as well as an understanding of and appreciation for other key public and private partners who can offer additional resources to the work of community development in Memphis.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate cultural competency working with diversified communities, and have demonstrated experience in shaping real estate projects and growing organizational capacity.
- Assist in engaging a wide variety of community partners to help bring holistic and integrated services to targeted neighborhoods with local government, state agencies, other private and quasi-public financial institutions and intermediaries, advocacy groups, and community based organizations.
- Implement a strategy for expanding affordable housing in Memphis.
Public Policy and Advocacy
- Provide leadership on housing and community development policy issues in Memphis. Advocate on behalf of LISC and the policy networks at the local, state and federal levels to secure the tools necessary to advance a comprehensive redevelopment strategy.
- Identify and cultivate leadership from key corporate, foundation and other prospective donor sectors who share an interest in community development.
- Work with the leadership of the Local Advisory Committee (LAC) to raise sufficient funds annually to finance Memphis LISC program activities and projects.
Leadership and Management
- Manage a staff and the Local Advisory Committee members to carry out LISC’s strategy and operate its programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate or related fields. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years senior level experience in community development, real estate, capital development and community revitalization.
- Experience in shaping affordable housing through development or lending.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and sustain philanthropic funding.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience speaking publicly in diverse forums.
- Local market knowledge of policy.
- Demonstrated management experience, including staff development, financial management, and office administration.
LISC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Some domestic travel is required.