Bethlehem Ministry, Inc. is a Christian non-profit corporation whose mission is to help build the capacity of rural communities in northeast Haiti to utilize their talents and resources for sustainable, positive change. To achieve this, we provide direct financial support to our partners, the Haitian NGO Esperance et Vie based in Terrier Rouge, Haiti, and “Partner for People and Place,” a U.S. non-profit supporting sustainable agro-economic development (Jatrofa Projenou) also in Terrier Rouge. Esperance et Vie operates two major programs: a school educating from pre-K through 13th grade (College St. Barthėlėmy), and a medical clinic (Clinique Espėrance et Vie). In addition to these programs, the NGO also works to meet the needs of individuals in Terrier Rouge and neighboring communities by providing disaster relief, clean drinking water, latrines and housing to those in greatest need.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will be responsible for executing fundraising plans and ensuring effective communications to achieve the organization’s objectives.
- Expand U.S. revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations
- Contribute to and support organization’s plans and initiatives to improve fundraising capabilities.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities
- Lead and direct U.S. donor-facing communications—including social media, newsletter, website and external relations – with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Develop, maintain and support authentic relationships and effective communications with the people and programs we support in Haiti
- Equip board members and volunteer in mission trips to Haiti
- Serve as an ex officio member of the Finance, Development and Communications, and Programs Committees
- This is a virtual job working with no office location. Board members and other staff reside in many areas, including Athens, GA, surrounding communities, Houston, TX and elsewhere.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Bethlehem Ministry’s mission. Specific requirements include:
- Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Experience with Fundraising for non-profit organizations in either a volunteer or vocational role preferred
- Experience with non-profit board management and reporting to a volunteer board
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people, and sensitivity to the cultural, linguistic and other differences intrinsic to working in Haiti
- Ability to travel to Haiti and various US cities
- Eagerness to learn in depth about the programs we support and to represent their respective missions, challenges and accomplishments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Bloomerang or similar CRM software a plus.