1) Board Governance: Partners with Board of Directors to realize the organization's mission.
Responsible for leading the organization by supporting and fulfilling the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
In partnership with the Board, responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support the organization’s mission. Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization including submitting a proposed annual budget and financial statements to the board that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization. Responsible for fiscal management that anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
Responsible for overseeing implementation of the organization’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission. In partnership with the board, responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the organization can successfully fulfill its mission into the future. Responsible for enhancing the organization’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
Responsible for the hiring, development and retention, of competent, qualified staff as well as the correction and removal of any staff who demonstrates a lack of capability to carry out assigned job duties. Responsible for ensuring that all employees understand and adhere to the organization's Policies and Procedures. Responsible for effective administration of operations. Responsible for signing all correspondence, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors, to partner with them in policy decisions, fundraising and to increasing the overall visibility of the organization.
2. Supervise, collaborate with organization staff to ensure quality programming (Adult Day Program, Before & After Care, Adaptive Skills Training/Residential, Saturday Camp) as well as the development of new programming to meet the changing needs of the client population.
3. Work with caregivers and families on goals and objectives of clients including providing respite family support as needed.
4. In partnership with the Board, develop strategic planning and implementation.
5. Develop and implement annual operating budget as well as managing capital campaigns.
6. Serve as the organization’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s key stakeholders, constituents, the media and the general public in addition to community partners such as Special Olympics and LA Marathon.
7. Provide oversight for all activities (e.g., Bingo Nights, family Thanksgiving, Holiday parties, etc.).
8. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the organization’s Mission.
9. Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues, including events (corporate & foundation), individual giving, and planned giving opportunities.
10. Oversee marketing and other communication efforts.
11. Participate in Board and committee meetings.
12. Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the organization in compliance with current laws and regulations governing California nonprofit corporations.
13. Review and approve contracts for services.
14. Responsible for maintaining license requirements and meeting regulatory compliance with Regional Centers as well as other government agencies.
15. Provide opportunities for staff development and training.
16. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
· Four or more years of senior nonprofit management experience
· Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
· High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
· Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
· Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
· Experience in team-building and maintaining a positive working environment
· A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results. Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
· Previous success in establishing relationships with influential individuals and organizations, including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
· Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
· Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
· Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong public speaking ability.
· Knowledge of issues related to Developmental Disability in adults
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and leadership skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Must pass criminal background check · Must test clear of TB, either by negative skin test or further testing if skin test is positive. Current valid California driver’s license, insurance, and driving record sufficient to be approved by the organization’s vehicle insurance policy.
· CPR/First Aid Certification (will provide)
Job Type: Full-time