Association of Latino Administrators and Superintendents (ALAS)
The Association of Latino Administrators and Superintendents (ALAS) is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and enthusiastic Executive Director with a clear vision for the organization and a track record of exceptional leadership. The new Executive Director will serve as the face of the organization. ALAS was created in 2003 with the goal of generating wings of success for Latino educators and students. The organization has become known as a voice for Latinos and has three primary areas of focus: professional development, information sharing, and policy advocacy. The Executive Director will be required to reside in Washington, DC to better promote the policy advocacy role for ALAS and to maintain ALAS as a national educational leader.
The following leadership profile characteristics have been adopted by the ALAS Board of Directors.
• Possesses knowledge and expertise with finance, budget, fundraising, and sponsorships
• Is familiar with the operations of a non-profit organization, and specifically with ALAS and its signature programs, e.g. Superintendent Leadership Academy (SLA)
• Is able to work with the Board, Affiliates, members, staff, legal counsel, auditors, and others associated with ALAS
• Is visible on the state and national level, and who attends local Affiliate events
• Is energetic, enthusiastic, positive and connects easily with people
• Is very collaborative and can bring people together
• Exhibits innovative ideas, thinks outside the box, and can bring something unique to the organization
• Values what has been accomplished, and can build on the strengths, ad dress the weaknesses, and establish ALAS as a prominent player on the national scene
• Is able to retain the feeling of family, while at the same time moving the organization forward on a professional level
• Brings a focus to and create pipelines for assisting administrators at all levels to move forward in their careers
Compensation will be competitive and negotiable dependent upon experience. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on January 20, 2020. Screening will take place during the subsequent two weeks. Interviews for successful semi-finalists and finalists will be held on February 13 and 14, 2020 in San Diego.
Lead Consultant: Dr. Carmella S. Franco