The EOA will be experienced in quickly handling with little to no guidance, a wide range of administrative and executive support-related complex tasks and projects. S/He will be exceedingly well organized and flexible, and will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people. S/He will possess the ability to prioritize and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without having to know the total picture.
The best candidate is someone who is both committed to the mission of NAPW and enjoys systems and administration. This role is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking to demonstrate expertise in operations, project management, executive management, administrative generalist experience, and leadership skills and to learn about all aspects of the work and operation of a leading national non-profit legal advocacy organization.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Executive Office Administrative Support
Administration and Operations
Development Support & Database Management:
Meetings and Events management:
Coordination of Travel:
Office Security & Safety
The ideal candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
· BA/BS degree;
· 5-10 years of experience in progressively increasing levels of administrative support roles, with no less than 3 of those years supporting C-Suite (Executive Director, CEO, CFO, CHRO, President, Vice President, etc), preferably in a nonprofit organization;
· Previous meeting coordination experience; experience coordinating domestic and international travel; excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize; maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion; strong people skills; flexible; proactive; efficient; possess the highest level of organizational and project management skills with excellent attention to detail;
· Ability to partner with the Executive Director to understand nuances, appropriate protocol and specific preferences, and execute at the level of support required/expected; ability to follow complex written and verbal instruction;
· Advanced-level proficiency with solid, measurable experience in Mac OS platform HRIS; Payroll Processing, Development/Donor management applications (e.g. QuickBooks, ADP-Run, PeopleSoft, Network for Good, Raiser’s Edge, 4D);
· Advanced-level proficiency with solid, measurable experience in a variety of Mac OS computer software applications, social media platforms, and databases (e.g. MS Office Suite, Zoom, Google Hangout, Skype, InstaGram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, WestLaw).