Family Based Clinician will be responsible for maintaining a caseload of 7-8 children/adolescents/families. The Family Based Clinician will provide individual and family counseling and advocacy services to each client. In addition, clinician will make referrals to community services for each child/adolescent/family.
- Report to clinical supervisor
- Provide clinical counseling services for 7-8 children/ adolescents/families.
- Provide a minimum of two weekly individual/family counseling sessions for each child/adolescent/family.
- Develop a working knowledge of community resources and make appropriate referrals.
- Advocate on behalf of child/adolescent/family with other community programs.
- Participate in co-leading time-limited groups, as needed.
- Make referrals to other community agencies such as clinics, employment/vocational centers, etc.
- Provide ongoing support for family members when a referral has been made to an outside agency.
- Submit weekly case notes and monthly reports to supervisor
- Provide on-call services during the week and weekend
- Other duties as required by director and immediate supervisor
- Masters level required; License preferred; license eligible
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in clinical setting working with children, adolescents and families with severe behavioral, social and emotional difficulties
- Flexibility of scheduling
- Demonstrated experience working with children, adolescents and families, including experience navigating children’s systems and supports within the community.
- Knowledge of and training in child development and children’s mental health experience.
- Good listening skills
- Nonjudgmental ability to foster self-sufficiency in families using problem-solving and practical skills
- Ability to establish trusting relationships through compassion, empathy and insight.
- Effective teamwork skills
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of families from diverse cultural or linguistic backgrounds.
- Computer proficiency including ability to work with email and word processing software required.
- MA driver’s license and vehicle required
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
- Clearing of background checks as required by state and federal law.