Aspen Global Change Institute (AGCI) is a nonprofit research organization with a mission to advance global change science and solutions by furthering interdisciplinary understanding and nurturing community to catalyze science-informed action. To accomplish this, AGCI engages solutions-seekers—including researchers, practitioners, boundary-spanners, citizens, and learners of all ages—through convening, collaborative research, education, and communications. Like global change itself, this mission is broad, cutting across systems, geographies, and the domains of research and practice. Our work to span these boundaries takes place at local, regional, and global scales. AGCI was founded in 1989 and is a Colorado-based 501(c)(3) organization. AGCI has staff located in Colorado, Michigan, Washington, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. More about our organization can be found at: www.agci.org
Location: Our staff are working remotely due to COVID-19. The position can be remote long-term, with location in CO, MA, MI, or NH preferred.
Aspen Global Change Institute is seeking an astute, self-starting, and professional finance and grant assistant to work with the Finance Director to carry out AGCI’s financial management and provide assistance in maintaining compliance with federal and private grant requirements. The position will be responsible for bookkeeping and grant-related recordkeeping, in addition to other nonprofit management-related tasks. The opportunity for expanded work may develop as needs arise.
- Manage accounts receivable and payable
- Prepare financial reports and maintain financial records
- Assist with the administration of the full cycle of grant funds and ensure proper compliance
- Assist with human resources support and benefits administration
- Support general administration and special projects on case-by-case basis
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year experience in nonprofit administration
- Knowledge of general accounting and grant management practices and systems (federal grant management experience preferred)
- Command of accounting principles and ability to use QuickBooks or similar accounting software
- Ability to craft and monitor performance of project and organizational budgets
- Highly proficient with Mac OSX, Salesforce, and Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive in a small, supportive team that values curiosity, attention to detail, flexibility, growth, humor, communication, self-motivation, as well as diversity, equity, and inclusion
These are preferred qualifications – individuals are encouraged to apply even if they don’t meet 100% of them.
Work Schedule & Compensation
Start date is as soon as possible, preferably in the first quarter of 2021. AGCI will consider a flexible work schedule.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Benefits include generous PTO, healthcare, IRA contributions (after a year), flexible scheduling, wellness benefits, and professional development opportunities.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. References and additional materials may be requested at a later point. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is selected. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Aspen Global Change Institute is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and to ensuring a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Our employment decisions are based on our business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, family or parental status, disability, age, national origin, or any other protected status. We sincerely welcome and encourage individuals of all identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply.