Looking to make a difference? Turn your calling into a career at Baptist Children’s Homes of NC!
We’re seeking compassionate professionals with a strong desire to train couples to provide safe and loving environments for children in need.
Our Foster Home Case Manager role is a vital part of life-changing ministries at the Baptist Children’s Homes of NC.
Baptist Children’s Homes of NC (BCH) has served God’s children and families, providing a safe, loving Christian environment for those who have suffered abuse, abandonment, neglect, or want for over 135 years.
Consider your potential to join our team:
Job title: Foster Home Case Manager
Location: Durham, NC
Method to apply: company site: bchcareers.org
The Foster Care Case Manager is an hourly, nonexempt position. This role is to perform duties and responsibilities related to the function of the Human Services Ministry enabling foster homes to function at the highest level of competency in carrying out the Agency?s policies, procedures and programs. These activities relate to teamwork, group work, work with family according to the developed plan, family and custodian contacts, community resources, and case record management.
* Minimum of 23 years of age.
* Bachelors Degree in Human Services or related field, from an accredited University or Accredited Seminary.
* Two years of experience with population served.
* Valid drivers? license and be able to operate an agency vehicle to transport children.
* Must have the capability to manage, plan, organize, implement, monitor and maintain agency programs as well as adhere to accreditation standards and N.C. licensing requirements
* Meets the general qualifications for employment as outlined in the institution’s personnel policies
* Respects the cultural diversity of children, and strives to create a positive relationship
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepares for and participates in regular supervisory conferences
* Participates in 90-day and annual staff performance evaluations
* Keeps supervisor informed on current status of total work responsibilities
Policies and Procedures:
* Functions within the guidelines of the job description and the Program of Intentionalized Services
* Represents the agency?s philosophy, purpose, and programs to groups, individuals, and referral agencies in a professional and objective manner
* Has knowledge of and supports the roles of other team members
* Respects the right of the team to be involved with the child and his/her family
* Shares with the team members information necessary for foster home decision
* Supports the foster home team in providing daily care to meet the needs of children and maintaining a positive environment
* Participates as a team member in team meetings and other staff meetings
* Participates in ongoing monitoring of effectiveness of the team?s functioning
* Researches and conducts foster parent training on appropriate subjects as assigned
* Provides leadership in creating and maintaining therapeutic milieu
* Works closely with the Division of Social Services Social Worker
* Respects the cultural and socioeconomic diversity of staff members and children in care and strives to create a positive relationship within BCH.
* Participates in the agency?s Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) program as needed.
* Facilitates FAC, admission, intake, transfer, and discharge conferences
* Provides leadership role in child and family conferences and coordinates and implements the Plan of Service and Plan of Service Reviews with each family
* Provides support, encouragement, recognition of feelings and problem-solving which compliments family work .
* Arranges family contacts, emergency contacts, financial accounting, scheduling of appointments, behavior infractions, obtaining consents, in-home plans, and in reporting medical, school, and other daily events
* Establishes and maintains relationships with resources for client systems and assists family/custodian in securing appropriate internal and external community resources to meet the family?s needs
* Supports medical, dental and other appointments for youth in care
* Sets the tone that clarifies BCH?s ?Family Systems? approach to family work, if the goal is family reunification
* Conducts routine home visits to the foster home
* Recruits foster families by presenting need for foster homes to individuals and groups
* Conducts foster home application studies in keeping with BCH policies and procedures and licensing standards
* Submits all required paperwork for foster home initial licensing and renewals
* Orients and trains new foster parents to achieve understanding of their roles, responsibilities, expectations, etc.
* Provides ongoing training to meet state and accreditation requirements and special needs of foster parents
* Is available to foster parents on a regularly-scheduled and emergency basis to assist with identified issues and crisis needs
* Assists foster parents with the securing of community resources identified as needed by the team
* Keeps all client files and documentation of case activities current this includes, but is not limited to,
Admission Documents, MIGS, Plan of Service, Plan of Service Review, Summary Dictations, Individual Crisis Management Plans, Outcome Measurements (including Duke Study), Consents, Progress Notes, Admission, Transfer, Discharge Memo?s, Alerting Slips, Court Reports, Aftercare Plans
Knowledge and Training:
* Continually increases knowledge and skills by taking steps necessary to stay in touch with current trends in the field of foster care
* Maintains all certifications that are required to train foster parents.
* Consistently and effectively applies professional knowledge and skills in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position
* Has a body of knowledge and skills necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position
* Demonstrates a knowledge level of current trends in the area of services to families and children
* Develops a pool of external resources for supporting services on an as needed basis
* Demonstrates and implements a working knowledge of skills in working with family systems, individuals and groups
* Participates in Family Systems Trainings
Ability to operate standard office machines such as copier, computer, fax, calculator, etc. Ability to work within Google Email, Excel and Word software programs.
Ability to read, write and complete necessary documentation. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, customers, resources and the general public.
MENTAL / VISUAL / AUDITIORY DEMAND:
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and ability to draw conclusions.
CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
Regular contact with colleagues in all departments, as well as with outside individuals and groups; should represent Baptist Children’s Homes of NC, Inc. in a positive manner. Contacts outside of the agency where proper handling of situations is of utmost importance as the agency?s image could be affected.
Complies with agency policies and procedures concerning confidentiality and HIPAA regulations involving all aspects of client information, which include day to day care of the children, case records, family information, medical information, psychological services, etc which if disclosed, would have adverse internal and/or external effect, and could result in termination of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Usual office working conditions.
Associated topics: case management, development, development manager, liaison, manage, office manager, program development, program management, project development, resource development