JOB DESCRIPTION: Fundraiser for National Health Freedom Action and National Health Freedom Coalition
Position Title: Fundraiser
Status: Part-time, Remote (20 hours per week)
Reports to: Senior staff, Board chairs
The Fundraiser is a key position on the team and will help ensure access for all people to the healing practitioners, products and information that they need. The Fundraiser works remotely with a flexible schedule, and collaborates with a close-knit and visionary staff, Board of Directors, and donor base.
About the organizations:
National Health Freedom Action (NHFA) is a 501c4 advocacy and lobbying organization working to ensure all people have access to the broad domain of healing and health care information and services. NHFA has been instrumental in passing safe harbor practitioner legislation, which gives many practitioners of the healing arts, such as health coaches, herbalists, homeopaths, naturopaths, and nutritional counselors, exemption from medical practice acts so they cannot be arbitrarily charged with the practice of medicine without a license. NHFA promotes the right of parents to decide the health care they wish to use for their children, GMO labeling, and access to raw milk.
National Health Freedom Coalition (NHFC) is a leading 501c3 educational organization that raises awareness about health freedom and promotes effective solutions that increase health care rights nationwide. NHFC educates about access to holistic practitioners of all kinds, the rights of parents in deciding health care, mercury in dentistry, electromagnetic frequencies (EMF), organic foods, GMOs, and other issues impacting our health. NHFC hosts the US Health Freedom Congress, to bring together advocates for health freedom.
It is essential that applicants:
- Have a strong interest in the right of all people to choose the healing path that is best for them, including complementary and alternative practitioners
- Support the right of healing practitioners such as homeopaths, herbalists, traditional naturopaths, health coaches, and many others to legally practice, (see our philosophy on licensure vs safe harbor practitioner exemption)
- Support access to clean air and water and food grown without herbicides and pesticides or genetic modification
- Support the right of parents to decide about health care choices for their children, including regarding vaccination
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years of nonprofit fundraising experience, including working with individual donors.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to take initiative and work proactively, while collaborating well with senior leadership and Board members.
- Experience with online fundraising appeals and social media outreach
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including public speaking and delivering presentations
- An appreciation for holistic health approaches
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Three years or more of nonprofit fundraising experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public administration, public policy, communications, or related field.
- Work closely with the board and staff in determining fundraising strategy and plans, including setting revenue targets.
- Together with the staff, identify, cultivate, build and solidify relationships with established and new supporters. Analyze historical patterns of giving and assist in developing strategies to increase contributions and encourage new gifts.
- Persuasively communicate NHFC’s and NHFA’s missions and programs to potential funders with well-written proposals, reports, appeal letters, and other communications.
- Conduct research to develop a strong portfolio of individual and corporate prospects.
- Directly solicit and close gifts from prospects
- Maintain relationships with donors through the mail, phone or in-person contacts.
- Oversee and track all donor communications.
- Coordinate direct mail campaigns, email campaigns, and social media.
- Assist Database Administrator in the maintenance of the donor database in Salsa, including gift tracking, donor acknowledgment and analytic reporting.
- Assist with copy content for marketing, public relations and communication activities, which may include donor and board reports, newsletters, mailings, social media, and development of print materials.
- Plan and attend cultivation events.
- Travel as needed.
- Develop sponsorship support for Health Freedom Congress
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a part-time position, working remotely, with flexibility in schedule. A total of twenty hours per week are divided between NHFC and NHFA. Compensation will be provided by NHFC and NHFA, for a total of $23,000 to $27,000 annually, depending on experience. Compensation could be on a contract or employee basis.
National Health Freedom Action
National Health Freedom Coalition
PMB 218, 2136 Ford Parkway
St. Paul, MN 55116-1863