The Grant Finance Analyst works independently to provide and accumulate financial data for the preparation of monthly financial statements for various outreach programs within the Methodist Healthcare System. The workload is heavy in volume, advanced in complexity and major in regards to financial statement preparation. Responsible for analyzing and recording program expenses, processes sub-recipient and vendor reimbursement requests, preparing and reconciling reimbursement and revenue collection, and preparing and processing monthly financial reports. Prepares and analyzes associate expense reports and providing reports to other internal customers. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
Must have at least two (2) years of experience in a grant administration and/or grant accounting environment.
Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Knowledge of basic computerized general ledger systems and other finance/accounting systems.
- Knowledge and application of accounting principles, grant regulations, restrictions and budgets for multiple awards/contracts…
- Advance ability in utilizing a personal computer in a Windows environment with required proficiency in Excel spreadsheet applications, including mathematical and statistical skills.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks, projects, and maintains control of workflow. Demonstrates fiscal management skills, including budget management, developing and maintaining appropriate internal controls, and grant administration policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate verbally with Associates, management, and auditors. Read, writes, and communicates in writing.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and guidance related to program and fiscal compliance, award terms and conditions, requirements, regulations, policies and procedures, allowable expenditures, and program standards.
- Ability to work without close supervision or guidance and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to detect, avoid, and correct errors in all accounting/accounts payable aspects.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides analysis of Methodist Le Bonheur Community Outreach cost centers. Collects and analyzes financial data and prepares financial reports.
- Prepares extensive Microsoft Excel reports for monitoring grant balances. Provides follow-up consultation with directors, managers and supervisors to promote fiscal accountability; and assists in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management and used in measuring, planning, and controlling business operations. Attends monthly budget, leadership and system wide meetings.
- Independently performs assigned account reconciliations timely and accurately.
- Demonstrates leadership without supervision on time sensitive projects such as annual audits.
- Coordinates quarterly financial reporting and monthly invoicing processes for program funding in an accurate and timely manner.
- Enages effective customer relations both internal and external and promotes a positive work environment.
- Performs other job functions as assigned or requested.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: light work – exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work .
Nearest Major Market: Memphis
Job Segment: Accounting, CPA, Financial Analyst, Accounts Payable, Public Health, Finance, Healthcare
Associated topics: account, cfa, clerk, cpa, finance director, financial services, revenue, senior accountant, senior financial, staff accountant