This is a full-time, exempt position, however, CBI will consider engaging independent contractors/consultants
Summary: The Grants Writer is responsible for writing, proofreading, editing, and submitting impactful proposals, as well as letters of inquiry, grant reports, and acknowledgement letters. Reporting to the Sr. Grant Manager, the Grant Writer will work with all areas of the organization to identify and respond to grant opportunities that align with the overall agency’s short and long-range strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be an excellent writer, strong communicator, and highly organized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Grants & Compliance Management
- Planning, Writing, and Reporting:
- Develop well-researched, tailored, and high-impact proposals, letters of inquiry, reports, acknowledgment letters, and other grant-related deliverables at the direction of the Sr. Grants Manager.
- Collaborate and partner with all areas of the organization to ensure proposals reflect the organization’s mission, programs, and goals
- Work with the Sr. Grants Manager to review proposal and report components from key staff (i.e. budgets, attachments, supporting information).
- Distribute executed contracts to internal departments and compile necessary documents for submission to funder
- Assist with the implementation of the new grant as needed including ensuring all contract requirements have a data collection process in place
- Prepare interim and final progress reports for funders; work cooperatively with other departments to manage the reporting process including securing research data, finalizing budgets, and ensuring that appropriate team members review and approve final documents
- Conduct research (federal, state, county, city and private funding sources) to identify prospective funding sources.
- Other Duties:
- Meet regularly with the Sr. Grants Manager to discuss upcoming deadlines, programmatic updates, grant strategy, and development goals
- Ensure effective administration of grant-related documents and funder records
- Track potential opportunities as well as current grant deliverables and renewals
- Update Monthly Grant Board Report and Dashboard for submission to Executive Leadership
- Maintain accurate documentation and records for execution of contract terms and ensures compliance to grant requirements and laws.
- Work closely with common grant management systems including but not limited to Grants.Gov, E-snaps, SAGE, Arizona Procurement Portal and ZoomGrants.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing, reporting and grant management including an understanding of federal grant regulations
- At least three years of progressively increasing responsibility in grant writing within federal, state, county, city and foundation agencies.
- A combination of education and recent and relevant grant writing and reporting experience may be considered
To apply, go to www.communitybridgesaz.org / Careers / Job Req 373 FINANC – Grant Writer